• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch in for City !

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fellow Grecians
I know that we all pay our fair share to support our Club but, given the state of our pitch at such a critical time of season, maybe we need to consider running a 'Pitch in for City' to improve our ground for next season no matter where we are ?

Our 'pitch problem' is compounded by having such a good training pitch and until the two are similar to play on during all weathers any 'home advantage' is effectively lost.

Given our forecast cash criticality in 2022 (see quotation from ECST Chairman below) my question to Fellow Grecians is how best we an assist our club so that as much windfall income over the next 2 years can be diverted towards playing budgets ?

UTC

“Members also asked to be kept informed of work being carried out against the issue of becoming cash negative in January 2022. I’m pleased to say that due to our FA Cup and Leasing.Com success thus far, and the windfalls associated with these competitions, the critical cashflow point has been deferred until July 2022.” (Exeter City Supporter’s Trust Chairman’s Newsletter Dec 2019)

Reactions: GJW

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster

Last edited:

Red Devon

The pitch needs some serious investment hopefully after the next windfall (sell on clause) this can be prioritised!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A standard 4G hybrid pitch will cost £750,000. That is a lot of fundraising. In reality unless we get a windfall in the next couple of weeks, there won't be enough time to relay a decent pitch at the end of the season.

Red Devon

ML I wasn’t expecting a new pitch to be practically done over night...the end of 20/21 would be a more realistic target.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
A standard 4G hybrid pitch will cost £750,000. That is a lot of fundraising. In reality unless we get a windfall in the next couple of weeks, there won't be enough time to relay a decent pitch at the end of the season.
Less than a months wages for Eden Hazard at Chelski apparently ….. Wonder if they could pay us a bit more up front on the Amps deal ? (insert sarcastic face thing)

Boyo

Fellow Grecians
I know that we all pay our fair share to support our Club but, given the state of our pitch at such a critical time of season, maybe we need to consider running a 'Pitch in for City' to improve our ground for next season no matter where we are ?

Our 'pitch problem' is compounded by having such a good training pitch and until the two are similar to play on during all weathers any 'home advantage' is effectively lost.

Given our forecast cash criticality in 2022 (see quotation from ECST Chairman below) my question to Fellow Grecians is how best we an assist our club so that as much windfall income over the next 2 years can be diverted towards playing budgets ?

UTC

“Members also asked to be kept informed of work being carried out against the issue of becoming cash negative in January 2022. I’m pleased to say that due to our FA Cup and Leasing.Com success thus far, and the windfalls associated with these competitions, the critical cashflow point has been deferred until July 2022.” (Exeter City Supporter’s Trust Chairman’s Newsletter Dec 2019)
I think you are asking the wrong question. It's not about realigning windfall income to the playing budget, rather it's about increasing revenue so the base budget ensures we are competitive.

C j phill

I think you are asking the wrong question. It's not about realigning windfall income to the playing budget, rather it's about increasing revenue so the base budget ensures we are competitive.
Any suggestions / ideas how this is achieved?

DB9

Any suggestions / ideas how this is achieved?
Difficult question considering our ownership model and a small fanbase, Raising money, Especially that large amount is not easy

Red Devon

MT has said this week that the club have enquired about the possibility of a Desso pitch this would come in at around the 1 £Million mark and would last about ten years Matt believes this would represent good value.