• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pierce Sweeney

Grecianpasty

For me Its a simple case that key is playing ahead of him, and rightfully so. Sometimes as football fans we look too much into intricate details, whereas actually the simplest answer is more likely than the right one.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
For me Its a simple case that key is playing ahead of him, and rightfully so. Sometimes as football fans we look too much into intricate details, whereas actually the simplest answer is more likely than the right one.
This, plus McArdle is clearly the first choice right-sided CB and we're now playing (in the league anyway) with a back four so he's the odd one out. Should we revert to a three at the back formation I'm sure he'd get the nod (ahead of Dean, whose competition appears to be mainly Parkes and Hartridge).

Grecianpasty

This, plus McArdle is clearly the first choice right-sided CB and we're now playing (in the league anyway) with a back four so he's the odd one out. Should we revert to a three at the back formation I'm sure he'd get the nod (ahead of Dean, whose competition appears to be mainly Parkes and Hartridge).
With Sweeney and Hartidge they can both play comfortably in a back three. I believe when hartidge played his first full league appareance against grimsby he played as a left back? It shows the versatility we have in our squad. Evidenced by the fact that ajose played in a position yesterday which is already taken by Jay and Law.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
With Sweeney and Hartidge they can both play comfortably in a back three. I believe when hartidge played his first full league appareance against grimsby he played as a left back? It shows the versatility we have in our squad. Evidenced by the fact that ajose played in a position yesterday which is already taken by Jay and Law.
I've just about got over that Grimsby result, the cops having investigated and finding that a robbery took place at the Park that afternoon...yes, Hartridge did play at LB that day.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
He was diabolical in the play off final.
He truly was and I think that might have been the blinding light for Matt Taylor after sticking with him for so long, probably it was an attitude thing. We've seen it before with Arron Martin, he upset Matt over something and he wasn't played again that season despite the fact that to observers he was the best center half we had. Honestly beleive that Sweeny is finished with us and to me that is a good thing.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe Martin was upset that people on the Internet kept spelling his first name incorrectly.

iscalad

Maybe Martin was upset that people on the Internet kept spelling his first name incorrectly.
Or called him a CENTER half.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And now Sweeny (sic) is in the firing line.

Rosencrantz

I don't get why it should always be a personality or attitude thing. It's just a better player is/was available for the system or style Matt wants to play thing. For Aaron and Sweenz.

STURTZ

He's got his faults but I wouldn't number pedantry amongst them.