• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Penalties record

Red Bill

Is it just my rubbish memory or have we got a great record on penalties?

I'm sure we must have, but I can't remember us missing one since Nardiello against Carlise back in relegation year. I'm sure Tom has a 100% record. If by some miracle my memory is accurate on this and we really haven't missed a penalty for 4 years, how does this comparewith other clubs?

Even if I'm wrong as usual and we have missed a few, I'd still be interested to know how our record on this stacks up against other clubs. Unfortunatelyi I'm far too stupid to find out but I'm sure there's someone on here who can!

Last edited:

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gow missed the only penalty we had 2 seasons ago at Accrington but we are pretty efficient with penalties.

Already 4 from 4 this season, with something like 6/6 last season.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it just my rubbish memory or have we got a great record on penalties?

I'm sure we must have, but I can't remember us missing one since Nardiello against Carlise back in relegation year. I'm sure Tom has a 100% record. If by some miracle my memory is accurate on this and we really haven't missed a penalty for 4 years, how does this comparewith other clubs?

Even if I'm wrong as usual and we have missed a few, I'd still be interested to know how our record on this stacks up against other clubs. Unfortunatelyi I'm far too stupid to find out but I'm sure there's someone on here who can!
We had a nightmare season for pens a few years ago when several players took it in turns to take pens and missed. Can't remember when it was though. I remember Logie was one of the offenders. Maybe 2010/11 or the season after.

Pobbop

We had a nightmare season for pens a few years ago when several players took it in turns to take pens and missed. Can't remember when it was though. I remember Logie was one of the offenders. Maybe 2010/11 or the season after.
I don't remember exactly either, but yeah I remember it was horrible, started not even punching the air when we got a pen.

Tom is incredibly good at them, apparently he has been at every level he plays at, never misses.

Seemed to be a slight discussion between him and Harley before the first one, but in the end he should take them, no matter if he's won them or not.

More interestingly is how many we are winning, shows that running at defences can do, compared to that year with only the one missed pen. Fancy us to get a fair few more.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure it was the year we went up - Steve basham missed at Chesterfield, Stuart fleetwood even missed in our party game at Rotherham - I'm sure there were loads of others too.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I It was Bauza that missed the pen away at Accrington. Just for the record my photo clearly shows their keeper moving before GB struck the ball

fred binneys head

He's allowed to move, just can't come off his line :)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's moving and a yard off his line...... Just for the record

fred binneys head

You and your "just for the record", you're like a broken record.

Last edited:

fred binneys head

I don't think the word "record" has been mentioned in a thread as much as this one.

In fact, I think it's a record.