• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pelé

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
A Brazilian newspaper is reporting that Pelé is now receiving "end of life" care in hospital. He had been admitted with an infection but things have deteriorated. He's 82.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Brazilian newspaper is reporting that Pelé is now receiving "end of life" care in hospital. He had been admitted with an infection but things have deteriorated. He's 82.
Sad times for football the world over. You take your Maradonna's, your Ronaldo's, your Messi's (GOAT my arse), none of them will ever hold a candle to Pele. Three World Cups, over a thousand career goals back when football wasn't so advanced. Can you imagine what he would be like now with the kind of protection and better equipment and pitches that certainly the younger of the aforementioned trio have had? He was unplayable in his time, now.......... you could dream but I don't think you could get near it. The cynics will say this is all subjective but I don't think so.

dontpassback

Watched him on the tv during Mexico 70,narrowly failed to lob the Czech keeper from the halfway line,and did another dummy in another game,in my humble opinion him and that Brazilian team that beat the Italians was one of the finest ever,the build up to the fourth goal by Carlos Alberto was simply brilliant!

haka

If you haven't seen this it's worth a minute to view. All the skills from the superstars, and they're copying Pele!

dontpassback

If you haven't seen this it's worth a minute to view. All the skills from the superstars, and they're copying Pele!

The one and only pele,in my humble opinion,the best footballer to grace this earth !

Avening Posse

How come no one’s mentioning Kellow :cool:

PeteUSA

I'm pleased to say I saw Pele play. 1972ish playing for Santos of Brazil at Home Park. A crowd of around 40,000 packed the place. When the Santos management saw the size of the crowd they insisted on more money for this 'friendly', Argyle Charman Robert Daniel wrote out the cheque that saw Santos take to the field, nearly an hour and a half late!

haka

RIP the Greatest. Thanks for all the misty memories.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although it was expected this news has still come as a hammer blow.

Great footballer, great man. RIP Pelé.

dontpassback

Great footballer,and as others have said,great man.The best footballer we have seen,and he lit up Mexico 70,alongside some great Brazilian players