• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peformance Issues?

lmartin

Administrator
Yep, that was caused by the massive load being put on the server when people tried opening the offending matchday thread page. It has been removed now but this bug does crop up occasionally. Once we move servers and upgrade the software I shall look into why.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
Yep, that was caused by the massive load being put on the server when people tried opening the offending matchday thread page. It has been removed now but this bug does crop up occasionally. Once we move servers and upgrade the software I shall look into why.
Take out the hacked in swear filter. There must be a suitable VB plug-in to do the job properly by now. The existing swear filter doesn't use the hooks, probably runs more times than it needs to, is heavily dependent on multiple regular expressions, etc. It doesn't run on the Banter Base because if it did the site ground to a halt.

If you update the forum to the latest version of vBulletin you'll lose the swear filter, the disallowing of links for new users and the shirt names captcha on registration. Find vBulletin plug-ins to replace them and all your woes will be gone.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Take out the hacked in swear filter. There must be a suitable VB plug-in to do the job properly by now. The existing swear filter doesn't use the hooks, probably runs more times than it needs to, is heavily dependent on multiple regular expressions, etc. It doesn't run on the Banter Base because if it did the site ground to a halt.

If you update the forum to the latest version of vBulletin you'll lose the swear filter, the disallowing of links for new users and the shirt names captcha on registration. Find vBulletin plug-ins to replace them and all your woes will be gone.
Exactly what i was going to say [y]

lmartin

Administrator
Many thanks for the tips :).

MikeGrecian

Taking forever to post messages tonite people....