• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pay on the gate Stagecoach Stanno Stand?

Stelios

Any idea when the ticket booth opens?

Will you be able to just turn up and get a seat anywhere you want (apart from stickered Season Ticket seats) for league games etc or will you still have to pre-book/reserve online or ahead of the game? Will you get given a specific seat number?

In the OG you just paid at the turnstile and sat where you wanted (apart from stickered Season Ticket seats).

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you mean for tonight only the IP is open. Full details on the Exeter v Peterborough thread.

Oldsmobile-88

There are no cash turnstiles on the Stagecoach(or IP Office) Stand.

You can get them on the day from the ticket booth in Red Square.

Andy Holloway

I understand that there is a plan to build a pay on the gate booth at the bottom of Jungle Path, but to date it hasn't come to fruition.

malcolms

I understand that there is a plan to build a pay on the gate booth at the bottom of Jungle Path, but to date it hasn't come to fruition.
It needs to be encouraged because from the highlights i've seen so far, occupancy appears to be struggling and this doesn't give a great impression on screen...

Stelios

It needs to be encouraged because from the highlights i've seen so far, occupancy appears to be struggling and this doesn't give a great impression on screen...
Can't see anyone sitting in block A unless it's a sell out. Think pay on the gate encourages more casual fans (like, er, me) if you know you can just turn up on a whim rather than having to pre-order or queue in Red Square first then go back round to the SASS.

denzel

Are people really put off by not being able to turn up at the turnstiles?

There are plenty of ways to get a ticket, either online or by going to the booths.

I can't believe that many people are truly inconvenienced by doing so.

Also I imagine it's safer for the club not to have any cash at the turnstiles.

Contactless would be good though...

denzel

Yet the IPOS is largely full. Maybe there's a case to revert to the previous pricing structure where it was a pound less to go in the OG

Stelios

Are people really put off by not being able to turn up at the turnstiles?

There are plenty of ways to get a ticket, either online or by going to the booths.

I can't believe that many people are truly inconvenienced by doing so.

Also I imagine it's safer for the club not to have any cash at the turnstiles.

Contactless would be good though...
I can only speak for myself. Yes. I am inconvenienced by it. But, I'm probably not normal.

I've never had a season ticket. I sometimes work on Saturdays so I don't like buying tickets ahead of schedule. If I bring friends/family along I have to plan ahead, buy tickets together etc. You can't make a last minute decision to go. In the OG you just turned up when you wanted and sat where you wanted. It was easier. I approach the ground from that side of the ground so it is a massive pain to go to Red Square, queue, and then walk back round.

It's Division 4 football. I want to turn up on a whim, pay on the gate and sit where I want. I don't plan my whole week around it. I've been put off going to the IPOS during the redevelopment because you had to buy tickets weeks in advance if you wanted a decent seat.

OG was cheaper (which was nice) but you had restrictive views etc.

These are all 1st World problems, I admit. And maybe I need to move with the times and do it all in advance online but I find it a hindrance rather than an advantage.

ECFC89

I can only speak for myself. Yes. I am inconvenienced by it. But, I'm probably not normal.

I've never had a season ticket. I sometimes work on Saturdays so I don't like buying tickets ahead of schedule. If I bring friends/family along I have to plan ahead, buy tickets together etc. You can't make a last minute decision to go. In the OG you just turned up when you wanted and sat where you wanted. It was easier. I approach the ground from that side of the ground so it is a massive pain to go to Red Square, queue, and then walk back round.

It's Division 4 football. I want to turn up on a whim, pay on the gate and sit where I want. I don't plan my whole week around it. I've been put off going to the IPOS during the redevelopment because you had to buy tickets weeks in advance if you wanted a decent seat.

OG was cheaper (which was nice) but you had restrictive views etc.

These are all 1st World problems, I admit. And maybe I need to move with the times and do it all in advance online but I find it a hindrance rather than an advantage.
I would agree. Great contribution I know