• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale's Website - His Time At ECFC

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
'Infamy, infamy ... they've all got it in for me'
Nice assist from Williams there ;)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be genuinely interested in which bits you think are.
Or maybe you think the 'tone' is wrong - which is also subjective.
"illustrious career at Exeter City FC"

I and many others would not describe his time as that, yes we had good times however we had plenty of bad times.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
"working within a tighter financial model than almost all of the club’s competitors"

This isn't true either.

A number of teams got promoted with far smaller budgets than we had for a lot of his time at the helm.

Spoonz Red E

"illustrious career at Exeter City FC"

I and many others would not describe his time as that, yes we had good times however we had plenty of bad times.
Illustrious ~ 'well known, respected, and admired for past achievements'.

He was and still is was by many both here and in the wider game.

He came in to a non-league club with debts and broken down assets.
Bought into our way of working and left us with money in the bank, a Wembley playoff final and an established progressive system from Academy to First team.
He was also instrumental in Matt Taylor being back here to pick up the mantle.

"working within a tighter financial model than almost all of the club’s competitors"
This isn't true either.

A number of teams got promoted with far smaller budgets than we had for a lot of his time at the helm.
It says 'almost all' not 'all' - which rings true to me.

Tis certainly had his down side and didn't help himself with some of the ways he phrased things but I think for a CV on his own promotional website it's pretty matter of fact.

Opinions differ 'though.

I think it was good he was here.
It was good that the break between him and us was made when things became untenable.
It was good that the set-up was strong enough for us to hit the ground running after he left.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Almost all out of 24 should mean more than 20 (at least), at times we had a budget that was top 8 in league 2, at times it was top 10 or top 12.

To me the impression he is trying to portray is not accurate.

Reactions: WXF

LOG

The website is essentially an advert so is unlikely to contain a section where he reminisces about signing Rohan Ricketts or the time he was rude to Ken from Feniton.

LOG

It was good that the set-up was strong enough for us to hit the ground running after he left.
Bloke in pub "That Tisdale had far too much power at City. I'm glad he's gone."
Other bloke in pub "Perhaps, but he's left the club in a better position than when he joined, hasn't he?"
Bloke in pub "No, that wasn't him that was all down to..."

Spoonz Red E

Almost all out of 24 should mean more than 20 (at least), at times we had a budget that was top 8 in league 2, at times it was top 10 or top 12.
I take 'financial model' to mean something different than 'playing budget' because it is selling our best established or developing players that we heavily rely on for finances to provide that budget.

I wasn't happy with Tis's take after we beat MK Dons 3-1 nor the local paper write up about him recently that omitted Exeter City altogether but I don't have a problem with this.

Antony Moxey

at times we had a budget that was top 8 in league 2, at times it was top 10 or top 12.
How do you know this?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do you know this?
I just do.