• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would be amazed if Rovers have to pay off the full amount of the contract, they must have some kind of break clauses in there, for example 6 months pay. Anything else and they would be insane to sign such a contract and sack him 3 months later.
I guess that they have to weigh up the cost of paying him off his remaining contract and the cost of relegation. Its a no win situation.

Regardless of who the manager is I think its disgusting to sack a manager so soon after appointing him based on results. He's taken over the $hIte that was left from a previous regime and given no time whatsoever to turn it around. There has to be a medium term plan and not just a short term fix. It says more about the owners of Bristol Rovers than it does about Tisdale.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be amazed if Rovers have to pay off the full amount of the contract, they must have some kind of break clauses in there, for example 6 months pay. Anything else and they would be insane to sign such a contract and sack him 3 months later.
Yep I would put money on there being a break clause in his contract.

StroudGrecian

I guess that they have to weigh up the cost of paying him off his remaining contract and the cost of relegation. Its a no win situation.

Regardless of who the manager is I think its disgusting to sack a manager so soon after appointing him based on results. He's taken over the $hIte that was left from a previous regime and given no time whatsoever to turn it around. There has to be a medium term plan and not just a short term fix. It says more about the owners of Bristol Rovers than it does about Tisdale.
Did you see his post-match interview after their defeat to Oxford?

Pretty much forced the BRFC board to sack him.

Grecian Max

Nah, the guy got so few good performances and results over a 3 month period - he somehow managed to get less points than Garner from way more games ffs...

Disaster of an appointment, he just isn't a very good coach.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The latest take from Bristol Live, I have read a few of their articles and they never seem reluctant to air some pretty blunt views. Tisdale got used to a very tame approach from the likes of Express and Echo, Western Morning News etc who were very weak at times during his tenure.

The inside story of Paul Tisdale's sacking and his final moments as Bristol Rovers manager - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Alistair20000

The latest take from Bristol Live, I have read a few of their articles and they never seem reluctant to air some pretty blunt views. Tisdale got used to a very tame approach from the likes of Express and Echo, Western Morning News etc who were very weak at times during his tenure.

The inside story of Paul Tisdale's sacking and his final moments as Bristol Rovers manager - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)
Yep. He got a very soft ride while with us.

manc grecian

Shocked that the striker he wanted was a former player and had didn't have a clue who to sign after that.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep. He got a very soft ride while with us.
So soft he didn't even understand how soft it was and couldn't react appropriately when circumstances changed.

Grecian2K

"I've nothing inside the box" he exclaimed after slinging his bag over his shoulder
Was that some kind of veiled cricketing reference?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shocked that the striker he wanted was a former player and had didn't have a clue who to sign after that.
Yes, you would have thought he would have spent the year he had out of the game reflecting on things he could improve, looking at players and developing new ideas.

As expected his stale approach clearly hadn't changed.