• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
A nice change for Bristol Rovers fans, they can't lose today.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would be amazed if Rovers have to pay off the full amount of the contract, they must have some kind of break clauses in there, for example 6 months pay. Anything else and they would be insane to sign such a contract and sack him 3 months later.
They could have been REALLY insane and given him a 2yr roller. Ooops!

Trapdoor

We didnt have to pay him off though, and it gave us time to develop our replacement.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fairness a 2 year roller would have been cheaper than paying him 2 years a nd 3 month salary.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Autotrader, a 2 year old Roller would have only cost about a year's salary...

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale in future (on his rollers).

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Still waiting for him to explain what's happening with Ajose
If you listen carefully to either his last, or the one before, interview you will realise that he has done just that.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you listen carefully to either his last, or the one before, interview you will realise that he has done just that.
He's provided an explanation of kinds, but I'm not sure it stands up to a great deal of scrutiny.

I agree wholeheartedly with those who said Tis got an easy ride from the press. Ironically, in the long-term, I don't think it helped him 'cause, as we've seen increasingly over recent years, he gets really arsey when anyone has the temerity to ask him an entirely legitimate question.

With that in mind, I'd hope the media don't pussyfoot around Matt. He might not be overly thrilled to be grilled on Ajose, amongst other things, but I reckon it would stand him in good stead in years to come.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm still waiting for you to tell us what Taylor acts like on the cricket pitch !!
He's Joe Root in disguise, time to move on from the cricket.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's Joe Root in disguise, time to move on from the cricket.
I thought he was a bit more Dom Sibley 😉