• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tax deductible??
Yes in the sense that I am hoping to sell them on at a profit :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
New World are in any case often better (and much better value) than Bordeaux or Burgundy wines these days. Even champagne. From what one reads, French wines rarely win blind tastings. Give me a nice Chilean Carmenere or Argentinian Malbec.
I agree NW often better value and I have a number of Carmenere and Malbec reds in the wine store.

Rieslings from Alsace not yet surpassed anywhere else though.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
New World are in any case often better (and much better value) than Bordeaux or Burgundy wines these days. Even champagne. From what one reads, French wines rarely win blind tastings. Give me a nice Chilean Carmenere or Argentinian Malbec.
Rather have a pint of Mild :)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree NW often better value and I have a number of Carmenere and Malbec reds in the wine store.

At the sweeter end, my brother swears by German Berenauslese mit Predicat but I guess that's also expensive these days. For myself, I prefer dry whites...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rather have a pint of Mild :)
Rail Ale in the reopened Beer Engine was delish on Friday.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo

All well and good, but can I point you in the direction of Brierley Hill's finest vintage:love:

Attachments

Legohead

Banned
I don't often drink wine but when i do it is usually always red and a Bordeaux. Apparently the wine from Bordeaux region is created in such a traditional way that it has the most tannins and beneficial compounds for health. All other reds from around the world do not use this traditional regional method and thus their wines do not have the same health benefits. Mind, i'm not sure there are any health benefits after drinking a bottle of either! :p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This has gone off topic. This is WoWS.

I'll resist closing it in the hope that it'll return to the subject.

tonykellowfan

To be fair to Tisdale he has done a good job at Colchester.

Perhaps the "Perryman" role suits him better?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair to Tisdale he has done a good job at Colchester.

Perhaps the "Perryman" role suits him better?
I think many people suggested that and it is a shame things ended as they did here although maybe SMT might have felt cowered had he had Tis as a backseat driver.

Between him and Mullins, they just need to work out a way to beat Tranny!