• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like Bristol Live is far more analytical about their team and more willing to be critical of the manager than Devon Live was when Tis was here.
Also far more adventurous and direct with their questions.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also far more adventurous and direct with their questions.
Yes, I agree. Maybe because they cover two teams and have a much bigger readership they feel they don't have to be so ultra respectful. A bit more hard-hitting and direct, as you say

Gordon Dale

The Proper Chap and Grecian Max : I concur with so many of your posts. An interesting thread with a predictable outcome at Bristol Rovers. Paul Tisdale (PT) never realised , and will never accept, that he was in the most privileged position of any appointee to the post of ECFC Manager. The one defining characteristic of the club I have supported since 1950 has been the lack of money. PT was appointed at probably the most favourable financial time for the club . He also inherited a useful squad of players including the likes of Jamie Mackie, Adam Stansfield, Paul Jones, Matt Gill, Wayne Carlisle , George Friend , Danny Seabourne and Dean Moxey , along with a well respected Centre of excellence / Academy with a reputation that rightly secured Eamon Dolan ( a really lovely man) a well deserved managerial appointment at Reading. Eamon was succeeded by an equally affable and able manager (respected by Alex Ferguson) Alex Inglethorpe..who restored the club's finances with that fantastic cup run that included that unbelievable 0-0 draw at Old Trafford. PT was also fortunate to be most ably supported by John Yems when League 1 status was achieved. The problem is PT never REALLY appreciated any of these factors or that he was privileged to be ECFC Manager. The manner of his departure , including that dreadful play-off final against Coventry and his attitude ( so different to that of Dave Wheeler ) post match following the 3-1 defeat of his MK Dons team says it all. PT is becoming the epitome of 'pride comes before a fall' football managers. I have some good friends who have been lifelong supporters of The Gas and they see League Two beckoning .

Redarrow

Genuine question and apologies if I come across as if I am trying to start arguments, But....

Why is there so many posts/Threads on here about an EX manager that everybody seemed to dislike??

DB9

Genuine question and apologies if I come across as if I am trying to start arguments, But....

Why is there so many posts/Threads on here about an EX manager that everybody seemed to dislike??
Its probably because we think of it as a long term marriage that went through a messy divorce :)

iscalad

Not everyone dislikes him. Some still admire him, some believe he stayed in the job too long. Many different opinions.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Proper Chap and Grecian Max : I concur with so many of your posts. An interesting thread with a predictable outcome at Bristol Rovers. Paul Tisdale (PT) never realised , and will never accept, that he was in the most privileged position of any appointee to the post of ECFC Manager. The one defining characteristic of the club I have supported since 1950 has been the lack of money. PT was appointed at probably the most favourable financial time for the club . He also inherited a useful squad of players including the likes of Jamie Mackie, Adam Stansfield, Paul Jones, Matt Gill, Wayne Carlisle , George Friend , Danny Seabourne and Dean Moxey , along with a well respected Centre of excellence / Academy with a reputation that rightly secured Eamon Dolan ( a really lovely man) a well deserved managerial appointment at Reading. Eamon was succeeded by an equally affable and able manager (respected by Alex Ferguson) Alex Inglethorpe..who restored the club's finances with that fantastic cup run that included that unbelievable 0-0 draw at Old Trafford. PT was also fortunate to be most ably supported by John Yems when League 1 status was achieved. The problem is PT never REALLY appreciated any of these factors or that he was privileged to be ECFC Manager. The manner of his departure , including that dreadful play-off final against Coventry and his attitude ( so different to that of Dave Wheeler ) post match following the 3-1 defeat of his MK Dons team says it all. PT is becoming the epitome of 'pride comes before a fall' football managers. I have some good friends who have been lifelong supporters of The Gas and they see League Two beckoning .
An excellent summation of the overall situation.

Redarrow

I must admit I don’t dislike him and think tis did an incredible job with a limited budget over the years, I just don’t understand why the people who do dislike him and think he was useless love talking about him so much.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I must admit I don’t dislike him and think tis did an incredible job with a limited budget over the years, I just don’t understand why the people who do dislike him and think he was useless love talking about him so much.
There's people with strong opinions on both sides of the fence so there's bound to be lively debate on the subject and, let's face it, that's what internet forums* are for.

'scuse me French.

Rosencrantz

To go on with the marriage analogy, it was a bitter divorce in which any failure of the ex is jumped upon and used as an excuse to retread old grievances 😉. Everything that had to be said, from both sides, were said within a couple of weeks of the split (and months leading up to it!).