• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the start of the season I would have said the same, but recently at CB Sweeney has been much improved and I actually hope he keeps McCardle out of the team.
I agree but it's the lesser of two evils for me. I've always said that as long as we play Sweeny then we will never go up, he's just too average. We do need an experienced player in there but I'd hope we can produce something better from our youth eventually, until we do that or get a proper centre half then it must be said, Sweeny's probably better than McCardle.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless he comes in January for some of our players.
Now that wouldn't surprise me. I imagine he takes more than just a passing interest in the team that Matt is putting together.

STURTZ

Now that wouldn't surprise me. I imagine he takes more than just a passing interest in the team that Matt is putting together.
The only players he could lure away in Jan would have to be out of contract unless he wants to pay a fee and I doubt Rovers could afford any of our young players. The older ones he can make an offer if he likes.

CC

The only players he could lure away in Jan would have to be out of contract unless he wants to pay a fee and I doubt Rovers could afford any of our young players. The older ones he can make an offer if he likes.
Previously had a good record (y)
Not produced for a few seasons (y)
Just returning from significant time out injured (y)

This can only mean Ajose to Bristol Rovers!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis has a banana skin in his first Rovers home game tomorrow. Darlington in the Cup.

Alistair20000

Tis has a banana skin in his first Rovers home game tomorrow. Darlington in the Cup.
Just the sort of game for The Cheese to come unstuck

dontpassback

Well rovers fans must be pinching themselves 6 nil up,so that should take a bit of pressure off the cheese

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis obviously hasn't had long enough on the training ground to implement his ideas.

Reactions: GJW

Grecian Max

They aren't Tisdale style players. Physical, pacey, dominant in the air, not proper chaps.

He'll be looking at bringing Nichols back instead.

Grecian Max

Well rovers fans must be pinching themselves 6 nil up,so that should take a bit of pressure off the cheese
The heady heights of beating a team 3 divisions below at home