• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

older-codger

I have just listened on YouTube to his first interview and would very much like to know what others think about it.

In my opinion, whilst it is difficult put my finger on why, this was not the same PT that left us or indeed arrived at his first MK Dons press conference with trumpets heralding his arrival.

He was subdued and almost chastened as if after his experience at MK Dons and being exposed to the real football world where the only thing that kept a manager in his job were results he had now realised how fortunate he had been with the way he had been treated by all at ECFC. As I said would be interested to hear what others think.
Have to say when I watched it the thing that kept my attention was the way he was rubbing his hands together throughout the interview - just like the way that misers are often shown looking at their money with a "lovely jubbly it's all mine"

jimmy

Interesting. I guess he was unveiled by MK as the man to take them up from League Two at the first ask.

This interview may be more of a 'building something for the long term' vibe.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to say when I watched it the thing that kept my attention was the way he was rubbing his hands together throughout the interview - just like the way that misers are often shown looking at their money with a "lovely jubbly it's all mine"
I thought it was more of a "Oh God what have I done?" thing.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The continual hand movements made him look very nervous, perhaps the MK Dons scenario has had an impact on him.

This is a very big job for Tisdale, fail at Rovers and I doubt he would get another decent job in football.

The Rovers fans do seem quite demanding though, I don't think they will put up with dire football for too long.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought it was more of a "Oh God what have I done?" thing.
Was he talking to himself ?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmmm just watched it not all inspiring, just one Tisish quote "games coming thick and fast at the moment you don't really get the opportunity ( to coach)"

For those that want it here's the link https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2020/november/paul-tisdale-reaction-swindon/

Nigel E

Got a bit distracted by the groundstaff mowing the pitch immediately after the match, as if they kept the grass deliberately long.

Surprised he didn't say something about that!

grecianstew

I can’t really be arsed to listen to our own manager talking about our match when I’ve just watched it. So why so many people want to waste their time listening to the Bristol Rovers manager talking about their match with Swindon is beyond me.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can’t really be arsed to listen to our own manager talking about our match when I’ve just watched it. So why so many people want to waste their time listening to the Bristol Rovers manager talking about their match with Swindon is beyond me.
....... yet you have just wasted your own time posting that.

Come on Stew.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a very big job for Tisdale, fail at Rovers and I doubt he would get another decent job in football.

The Rovers fans do seem quite demanding though, I don't think they will put up with dire football for too long.
I believe you to be right. Could be the last chance saloon for him as regards managing a league 1 or 2 club. I daresay our pro and anti-Tisdale factions will be keeping an eye on his progress or lack thereof.