• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor chap seems even more disconsolate and out of his depth than in his final days here.
Will he even make it to 26th March?
On the plus side, sounds like they played well for the first 3 minutes.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem was he hadn't realised that Vale then felt perfectly entitled to score two* themselves in the next nine minutes.

*Well, just for the pedants, one plus an oggie...on Planet Tis that probably rates as a one all draw.

Grecian_Matt

Tisdale will last till we play them, but results are not going his way at the moment.
I think he will be given another transfer window and then if things don't massively improve they will sack him.

It is just a sad state of affairs that 10 years ago he was considered one of the best young managers in football, but relegation from L1 completely changed him.

I have stated in the past, I always liked Tis and thank him for the memories, so never do I wish him bad things for him - Except a defeat on 26th March.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Slight look of disdain on Tizzers face at the interviewer questioning if making 5 changes from last week and a further 2 at half time was the best thing to do (or words to that affect). It appears the tinkerman never changes his spots then?

andrew p long

Funny old interview. Yep, poor run of form, no goals in four games etc...but...if Stevenage recover the form they had between Tis taking over and this recent poor run then they will be fine. Surely he should be taking and emphasising that positive to the players and fans?

I still think he should have left football management post City - some key aspects of the job (matchday interviews, producing quick fix short term results) don't play to his strengths

Grecian_Matt

Tisdale has left Stevenage and replaced by Steve Evans..

grecIAN Harris

Tisdale has left Stevenage and replaced by Steve Evans..
Talk about going from the sublime to the subliminal.:oops:

DB9

If true I think this could be his last job in football, His "Stock" has really nose dived over the past few appointments where he's failed.

Grecian_Matt

Honestly thought Stevenage were maybe going with a proven manager at this level and we’re going to give him time to turn things around there.

I am sorry to say, I doubt he will get another job in football now.
He did amazing for us, alright for MK Dons, but has completely fallen off the rails since being sacked by them.

Grecian_Matt

If true I think this could be his last job in football, His "Stock" has really nose dived over the past few appointments where he's failed.
I am assuming it’s true.
I live in Hertfordshire and mate follows them and sent me the Facebook link.

EDIT:-
It is on their official twitter feed.

Last edited: