• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Beats me! I don't know who the bloke is.
Best ever Exeter manager

Grecianpasty

[
Best ever Exeter manager
I'm too young to know who he is, but know he was the manager during the fa cup run and took us to our highest ever position. I'd argue though that the two promotions is a greater achievement mind you. Although I couldn't comment on the city seasons during Godfreys reign in charge.

dontpassback

We played some terrific cup football under Brian Godfrey and put some good teams to the sword ,enjoyable times !

iscalad

[

I'm too young to know who he is, but know he was the manager during the fa cup run and took us to our highest ever position. I'd argue though that the two promotions is a greater achievement mind you. Although I couldn't comment on the city seasons during Godfreys reign in charge.
I'm too young to have seen Cliff Bastin and Dick Pym play but I know they were the two best players to play for City

Grecianpasty

I'm too young to have seen Cliff Bastin and Dick Pym play but I know they were the two best players to play for City
If you've never seen anyone play a game of football you can't make a claim about them. That's pretty obvious

Avening Posse

What about Auguste ?

STURTZ

Argue what you like about his first team but one thing's for sure. The vision he shared with Taggy about developing and improving our academy and facilities is what is bank rolling the club. Grimes, Watkins, Ampadu in the bank, along with the likes of Sercs, Nicholls, Pym and the kids in the first team squad at the moment on the pitch. No doubt there will be those of you who will want to deny it but without the structure that was implemented by Tisdale and Tagg most those players wouldn't have happened.
Ti's was there at the start and was successful in implementing the ethos. If anything he was not proactive enough in getting our youth into the team. Grimes came through but only because he had to, Watkins got into the team but not before time! Some young players didn't get a chance at all and had to go on and find success elsewhere. All in all, thanks Tis but I think we're better off now, in fact. I think we're one of the few clubs which is actually getting better with or without Covid.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ti's was there at the start and was successful in implementing the ethos. If anything he was not proactive enough in getting our youth into the team. Grimes came through but only because he had to, Watkins got into the team but not before time! Some young players didn't get a chance at all and had to go on and find success elsewhere. All in all, thanks Tis but I think we're better off now, in fact. I think we're one of the few clubs which is actually getting better with or without Covid.
Bang on, at times Tisdale's team was a who's who of footballers who were good 10 years ago. He was often very reluctant to blood the youngsters despite regular comments to the contrary.

Reactions: WXF

Trapdoor

Struggling to think of some youngsters who went on to make it at other clubs having been passed over at city. Norwood / Frear? Those two are pretty marginal but they are the only ones I can think of.

iscalad

If you've never seen anyone play a game of football you can't make a claim about them. That's pretty obvious
Can you name any City player that you've seen play who has gone on to play for England?