• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you're called Jones, please take a seat on our bench next to Marcus Stewart.

Paul was abysmal and Billy obviously isn't up to League 1 Football, Crewe thought he was sh*te in League 2.

Calamaty Jones' out.

Redexe

Jonesy is not a bad keeper,but lacking confidence at the moment. His uncertainty seems to spread through the team at times. Think its time he had a rest.
Why do people clap him when one of his goal kicks manages to stay on the pitch? Beats me!!

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do people clap him when one of his goal kicks manages to stay on the pitch? Beats me!!
Irony is the key..

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Jones for me had turned things around in a way I didn't expect. I disagree that his kicking is still a big issue. It was at one stage horrific, despite the protestations, but the majority of the time it is now fine, the odd shank into touch isn't a problem unless we are chasing a lead/drawing and need to launch an attack instead of cheaply conceding possession.

One game, and that's all it is at the moment, doesn't make a bad keeper but I just hope his confidence isn't shot against Brighton because if it turns out to be then we simply have to drop him - football is a form game and it would send out the wrong message to Krysiak or any other young keeper with potential we should wish to sign as an understudy in the future - that they will only ever play if Jones is injured.

Knowing Jonesy, he will probably be error-free against Brighton. He strikes me as the kind of keeper who shines when under scrutiny - Morecambe PO final, Torquay 2nd leg etc

Redexe

Hmmmm possibly,though the people stood near me on the BB are genuinely impressed.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I reckon he could be busy v Brighton dave so he may have chance to redeem himself :D

dommers

He strikes me as the kind of keeper who shines when under scrutiny - Morecambe PO final, Torquay 2nd leg etc
Or when the crowd get behind him.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
I reckon he could be busy v Brighton dave so he may have chance to redeem himself :D
This is it mate. A busy keeper often looks a good keeper......unless he is busy picking the ball out the net. Jonesy tends to react quite well, and I think that actually his next home game will be harder for him than next Tuesday

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or when the crowd get behind him.
Maybe, but he's never going to win over all the crowd. It's almost as if when he is expected to be on bad form he excels most - not an exact science just a feeling

Antony Moxey

witness Tullys rant at him in the first half when a ball came into the 6 yard box and Jones stood their rooted to the spot. Luckily, Tulls got up and headed it away at the last minute.
Perhaps Tully would be better served concentrating on clearing the ball anyway instead of waiting until the 'last minute' then berating Jones?