• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Patrice Evra

finetime

Last night was the best display from a fullback I can remember. Tenacious in defence, always linking up with midfield and overlapping, willing to take on a man, cross from deep and the byline and always offering his centreback a pass whilst rarely giving the ball away.

Every time I see the guy he's pure class. Considering the very shakey start he had at Old Trafford he's grown into one of their most consistent performers and the best fullback in the Premiership imo. Doesn't seem to have too much attitude either and you never see him dive/shirk a tackle.

Superb

glos_grecian

Sorry but...........|-)|-)|-)|-)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Evra is absolute dynamite. When he was signed it was a head-scratcher for me as I thought they had possibly the best LB in the world at the time in Heinze, yet Fergie let him go without a second glance. Soon it dawned on me just why.

finetime

^Yeah he's fantastic. Love the rampaging fullbacks! Carlos and Cafu for Brazil were wonderful as are Clichy and Boswinga in the PL at the moment. Such a good attacking outlet....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I was never a fan of Roberto Carlos to be honest - a lot of bluster for no end product bar the occasional (about 1 in 500) free kick.

finetime

I was never a fan of Roberto Carlos to be honest - a lot of bluster for no end product bar the occasional (about 1 in 500) free kick.
He was immense at Inter Milan. His debut goal(s?) was incredible..

TimG

Evra best left back in the world for me. No one really comes close he is brilliant in defence and in attack simply outstanding. There is such a difference in the way United play when he is in the side and a huge miss when he is not in the side.

Unleashed

Yeah have to agree, one of the few ManUsa players that are not overrated, kept the so called best right back in the world in his back pocket!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah have to agree, one of the few ManUsa players that are not overrated, kept the so called best right back in the world in his back pocket!
"One of the few...that are not overrated"??? :S

Van der Saar - solid as a rock even at 73.
Vidic - IMO one of the (if not the) best CBs in the world.
Ferdinand - easily the best English CB.
Ronaldo - 40-odd goals last season, even in a "poor" season this time he's well on course for 20-25. Not bad for a winger.
Berbatov - so skilful it's frightening.
Scholes - still the best midfielder in England by a mile.
Giggs - past his best but still a class act.

And that's before I get to those who are underrated - Park, Fletcher etc.

finetime

Giggs was brilliant last night. The feint inside when he was cutting in from the right leaving the inter defender on his arse was lovely. One of the few players around right now who can justifiably be called a legend. Seems like a nice chap too.

Bit of a Man Utd love-in this thread, but I was very impressed with how the contained Inter last night and how the team has grown in the past couple of seasons. Compare this to the feeble effort against AC Milan 2 years ago. Even with a restructured back four with a kid at centre back and a left back at right back they still totally dominated. Squad players like Evans, Fletcher and Park were great and Ronaldo, Giggs and Evra had epic games.

Good to see the San Siro silenced! :D

Last edited: