• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Past “Player of the year “

Grecian 1901

These are the year’s where we I do not know the players of the year.
1997-98
1998-99
2002-03

Any idea?
And where this is?

Attachments

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
1997-98
1998-99
2002-03

Any idea?
And where this is?
I wouldn't be surprised if none existed for 2002-3, unless it was organised by the Supporters Club. The "Terrible Twosme" aided by Mrs Perky were too busy trying to strip the Club's assets before getting arrested ! And if they had got hold of that Trophy it would probably have been flogged off as well ! RHK might be worth asking as he was probably Chair of the Supporters Club around that era.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
1997-98
1998-99
Darran Rowbotham would be a likely bet in that era.

Rosencrantz

97/98 season, Dazza scored 22 goals (Flackie weighed in with 14) so might be a good shout although that was also the season of Paul Birch being generally outstanding so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Birchy.

98/99 was the season we had a rare, at the time, top half finish (12th) but was solid rather than spectacular for performances. Our top scorer was Flackie with 15 (11 in the league). Looking at the stats to jog my memory, Ashley Bayes and Jon Gittens had decent seasons but also there and virtually ever present was Jason Rees who had a habit of picking up a lot of MOM awards. I favouring Gittens though for some reason in my rapidly diminishing memory.

If they had one in 02/3, I'm fairly sure it was Big Kev that won it.

Grecian 1901

97/98 season, Dazza scored 22 goals (Flackie weighed in with 14) so might be a good shout although that was also the season of Paul Birch being generally outstanding so I wouldn't be surprised if it was Birchy.

98/99 was the season we had a rare, at the time, top half finish (12th) but was solid rather than spectacular for performances. Our top scorer was Flackie with 15 (11 in the league). Looking at the stats to jog my memory, Ashley Bayes and Jon Gittens had decent seasons but also there and virtually ever present was Jason Rees who had a habit of picking up a lot of MOM awards. I favouring Gittens though for some reason in my rapidly diminishing memory.

If they had one in 02/3, I'm fairly sure it was Big Kev that won it.
Thank you, probably forgotten in 2002/03.

Grecian 1901

I wouldn't be surprised if none existed for 2002-3, unless it was organised by the Supporters Club. The "Terrible Twosme" aided by Mrs Perky were too busy trying to strip the Club's assets before getting arrested ! And if they had got hold of that Trophy it would probably have been flogged off as well ! RHK might be worth asking as he was probably Chair of the Supporters Club around that era.
Agreed

Grecian 1901

Who these

Attachments

Rosencrantz

Thank you, probably forgotten in 2002/03.
Only based on hazy recollections I'm afraid after reminding myself what happened those seasons (except 02/03, can't extinguish that one so easily). The one I am most sure of is actually Kevin Miller being Player of the Year in 02/03. Understandably it wasn't the most important thing going on at that time.

Spoonz Red E

Who these
Looks like a tribute act ....

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like a tribute act ....
Cheering us up with "Just around the corner, maybe, grey skies are blue"?