• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Painting a crowd....

AndrewP

Here's a curious notion....... I note Reuben commented on how odd it felt to take a penalty towards an away end boarded up..... How's about having someone (maybe art students/community group) paint a crowd on the hoardings - and also when there is even a bigger fenced off area along the Grandstand side ?. .Then when taken down, find a new home for them outside on a wall or around the perimeter of the Carpark ?. Sounds daft......Could be a lot of fun.......and might help make the ground look less empty - would get people talking.

Link below, hope it works - cant seem to add a photo...

https://goo.gl/images/MMhuv5

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I seem to remember Arsenal doing this when they developed Highbury. A mural of faces!

David Treharne

This is just the sort of thing that might interest the organisers of Art Week Exeter who have contacts with people who replaced the mural at the bottom end of Fore Street and also the group that did graffiti in the subways under Exe Bridges. It might also be an opportunity for the Commercial department to bring in another sponsor for something like this. Ashley House printers spring to mind. However, it would really need someone to oversee it from start to finish. Great idea though.

Red Bill

Here's a curious notion....... I note Reuben commented on how odd it felt to take a penalty towards an away end boarded up..... How's about having someone (maybe art students/community group) paint a crowd on the hoardings - and also when there is even a bigger fenced off area along the Grandstand side ?. .Then when taken down, find a new home for them outside on a wall or around the perimeter of the Carpark ?. Sounds daft......Could be a lot of fun.......and might help make the ground look less empty - would get people talking.

Link below, hope it works - cant seem to add a photo...

https://goo.gl/images/MMhuv5
I think thats a great idea.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Agree it's a very good idea.

For a slightly different idea, would it be possible to produce a large photograph or computer generated image of what the new areas are going to look like? Imagine the cost could be covered by sponsorship.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What about just having a huge painting of Reuben Reid there?

Call me obsessed if you like....

Exe on Valdez

Leave it as it is. If it felt odd for Reuben, it will feel odd for any opposition player taking a penalty at that end, maybe free kicks as well, while our penalty taker will get used to it.

We need to be making any kind of home advantage count. Especially with our recent record.

AndrewP

Leave it as it is. If it felt odd for Reuben, it will feel odd for any opposition player taking a penalty at that end, maybe free kicks as well, while our penalty taker will get used to it.

We need to be making any kind of home advantage count. Especially with our recent record.
We could always install those movable eyes (like what you see in horror films) - activated by our bench - that would put off our opposition closing in on goal!.

Joking aside, I still think it would look great and could be a nice community project at a community club.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Simples. You do a crowd mural and overlay it with the same picture on transparent sheeting. Then when the away team are attacking that end you shift the sheet by about a quarter of an inch so the whole thing goes out of focus ...

Langer

Where the hell you gona find a couple hundred pizz artists?