• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Padraig Amond in on a season loan

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So he already has 200 goals and it’s not his birthday on Friday.
Never mind he probably won’t play anyway!
Are you suggesting that it won't be a "Good Friday" for him ? :p

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Released by Newport

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He was on our celebration parade when he found out!

DJG.ECFC

Harsh on podge, seems like a good guy. Think he played a much bigger role in our promotion behind the scenes than we realise

andrew p long

Harsh on podge, seems like a good guy. Think he played a much bigger role in our promotion behind the scenes than we realise
that's certainly the impression MT gives.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Where is Ajose now? No mention of him in ages. If he has left now, is anyone else filling that role?

I could see Podge doing a pretty decent job as a coach. Great personality + lots of experience. He could also be a standby striker on the bench for a further year or two.

Perhaps?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where is Ajose now? No mention of him in ages. If he has left now, is anyone else filling that role?

I could see Podge doing a pretty decent job as a coach. Great personality + lots of experience. He could also be a standby striker on the bench for a further year or two.

Perhaps?
Someone recently (this week) mentioned they saw him leaving the C & F so still around, much rather have Podge

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was on our celebration parade when he found out!

So glad the club I support is much more classy than that!

And thanks to Podge for everything he has done this season; his contributions may not have been eye-catching as Cam Dawson but he's still been a very important loan signing and someone who seems to have really enjoyed being part of a team effort even when he hasn't been playing himself.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Someone recently (this week) mentioned they saw him leaving the C & F so still around, much rather have Podge
Very easy to paint Ajose as some kind of 'bad guy' but I think he deserves some credit for sticking around and getting involved in our youth set-up.

It would have been very easy for him to slate the club when he was released at the end of last season and, moreover, I'm sure he could, at the very least, got a contract at a National League club.

It seems, however, he's realised his injury problems mean he will struggle to play week in, week out and so he's opted to pursue a career in coaching. IMO it's to his credit that he's been been prepared to remain at Exeter, where he didn't always get the best press, and work his way up through the coaching ranks when it would probably have been much easier to start again somewhere else.