• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Padraig Amond in on a season loan

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes mate he will try and offload Podge amongst others which is when we will make him a permanent signing
That’s the impression I had when reading it.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great news that Podge apparently wants to stay - hard to think of a player who has had a more positive impact while playing relatively little. However, I still think the Newport manager would be crazy to let a player of Podge's quality go, especially to a potential promotion rival.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He's reported as saying he hopes he's staying at Exeter.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's reported as saying he hopes he's staying at Exeter.
Hopefully but with Newport after shaky start now challenging with ourselves for promotion would seem sense for them to recall him to try and reduce our chances.

Colesman Ballz

Hopefully but with Newport after shaky start now challenging with ourselves for promotion would seem sense for them to recall him to try and reduce our chances.
But can they afford to, even if they wanted to do this ? :unsure:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SaintJames

2 goals in 13 league games. Questionable decision to keep him after Janaury I think?

denzel

2 goals in 13 league games. Questionable decision to keep him after Janaury I think?
I disagree. He has been good back up and his contribution is not just goals. Not his fault he has got injured.

SaintJames

I disagree. He has been good back up and his contribution is not just goals. Not his fault he has got injured.
He's very likeable but I dont concur when you say he has been good back up. Few goals and fewer assists for a player with a very good pedigree which comes with the requisite wedge of wages. I think we could have used that money to better effect or to provide a better contract to one of our youngsters? We dont have an inexhaustable budget despite him being good behind the scenes

Squeezebox

He's very likeable but I dont concur when you say he has been good back up. Few goals and fewer assists for a player with a very good pedigree which comes with the requisite wedge of wages. I think we could have used that money to better effect or to provide a better contract to one of our youngsters? We dont have an inexhaustable budget despite him being good behind the scenes
Has he not been passing on his considerable knowledge and enthusiasm to the youngsters tho'?