• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Bat Fastard

Re Josh Key - Yes, he missed some absolute sitters today, but the lad played in every position going. He ran his socks off, and can never be accused of not giving his all. I truly hope he stays with us.
agreed, he made a couple of excellent runs as well - i think he's the best in the side for passing players with the ball at his feet. i thought the chance in the second half he did everything right but oxford defended admirably. he's not renowned as a finisher but if he could add that to his game he'd be a superb player

SaintJames

Fantastic result today. Whilst I didn't get a chance to listen or watch so no idea on performance but a great result for the side and Caldwell.

Let's hope we follow this up with another win against Forest Green in a couple of weeks.

Nombe being in the side at the moment is a huge difference maker in our frontline play
I think he has listened to your wise words and come to the conclusion he was out of his depth but has now seen the light :)

KentGrecian

Terrible design of the car parks. Took us an age to get out of the overflow.

Cowshed Grecian

agreed, he made a couple of excellent runs as well - i think he's the best in the side for passing players with the ball at his feet. i thought the chance in the second half he did everything right but oxford defended admirably. he's not renowned as a finisher but if he could add that to his game he'd be a superb player
Not having it I don’t think he beat a single player today and he should of buried those chances. It looked like he had two left feet all game and he was abysmal. By far one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from him, Perhaps 🤔 I’m just being critical because I know how good he is.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he has listened to your wise words and come to the conclusion he was out of his depth but has now seen the light :)
He isn't the first and won't be the last 😂

At least we know he reads exeweb for tips and hints

Last edited:

Bat Fastard

Not having it I don’t think he beat a single player today and he should of buried those chances. It looked like he had two left feet all game and he was abysmal. By far one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from him, Perhaps 🤔 I’m just being critical because I know how good he is.
always amazes me how differently people see a game - that's the beauty of it i suppose! i didn't think it was his best game by any means (he lost the ball in dangerous positions a few times) but certainly not his worst. I think the fact he was in position to have 3 great chances and fashion that chance for himself at the end where he hit the post suggests he had an influential game

Cowshed Grecian

always amazes me how differently people see a game - that's the beauty of it i suppose! i didn't think it was his best game by any means (he lost the ball in dangerous positions a few times) but certainly not his worst. I think the fact he was in position to have 3 great chances and fashion that chance for himself at the end where he hit the post suggests he had an influential game
Maybe but it’s not as if he doesn’t know what he’s doing up top. He was a fully fledged Winger as a kid.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
More likely to be Dawlish Warren?!
#Taggyneedsanewmotor
Nothing wrong with the Warren :)

Alistair20000

Assume they will be off on a winter training break in Dubai in the next few days the boys.
Or Qatar ?

iscalad

Or Qatar ?
Indeed. Quite of few empty stadia available for the odd training session.