• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

KentGrecian

Safe travels everyone weather is foul.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Standout's today for me were Jamal and Caprice who is very under rated. Other fine games were Nombe, Archie, Sweeney and Hartridge who were all excellent. Stanno definately improved us no end and his goals will come. Josh was a mixed bag tremendous in places but utterly frustrating in others like when he loses the ball in dangerous places and doesn't put his foot though it when in the 6 yard box! Tactically Gary got half time spot on and Sparks was the right call at that point in the game rather than replacing Jevani then with another attacking player as were were being carved open

Exehausted

Ran himself into the ground by the end of it and kept getting himself into position to score. I’m pretty convinced the keeper got a fingertip onto the one that hit the post.
I didn't see it until the replay on i follow, but the keeper's touch was what pushed it onto the post.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Hartridge was our best outfield player but I agree Caprice had a very good game.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
But he hasn't been dodgy as people have been suggesting. He's been solid and consistent all season and has stood up to be counted when required. Today he won us the game and all of a sudden people have woken to how solid he's been all the time but can't face the fact.
Who’s not facing fact? Only 3 teams have let in more goals which isn’t all Jamal’s fault at all but plenty of examples of where he could have done better to choose from.

He’s massively improved. Now he’s solid, not before.

STURTZ

Who’s not facing fact? Only 3 teams have let in more goals which isn’t all Jamal’s fault at all but plenty of examples of where he could have done better to choose from.

He’s massively improved. Now he’s solid, not before.
Nah, let's see some of those goals he should have saved.

Grecian Max

Nah, let's see some of those goals he should have saved.
Go and have a look at the highlights in YouTube Sturtz, you’ve got the time 🙂

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If anybody wants to compare our defending I would urge you all to look at the highlights of Morecambe 5-0 Burton on Sky Sports. Possibly the worst defending possible :)

STURTZ

I have two full time jobs, my own business to run and two needy grandkids, where is this free time?

Just seen the highlights. Jamal's first half save from the Oxford header is crazy good.