• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Trapdoor

Blackman was man of the match today. The most genuinely stunning performance I've seen from him.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you misheard Credy we are off to Torquay not Dubai :)
Torbai?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just think...we could at last be playing Ar$enal in a competitive match after all these years with a similar performance there a few weeks back....

But, on the other hand, looking at the bigger picture, 3 more points in the League 1 bag is IMHO far more valuable than a one off game in the FAC. In the olden days (when SJP full-houses were as rare as hens' teeth) a January benefit for the the glory hunters and day trippers might have been more welcome. But how many "sell-outs" have we already had this season just for the regular bread and butter games? Surely a club record??

Topsham Boy

Assume they will be off on a winter training break in Dubai in the next few days the boys.
Dawlish Warren more like.

I think you misheard Credy we are off to Torquay not Dubai :)
Nothing wrong with torbados 😃😃😃😃😃

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, we're not going to win the Fair Play League this season, but who cares!! 🤣🤣🤣
Not too worried about FP League either but loosing a lot of players to bans in one lump won't be easy to work around (see extract below from Sky Sports before today's game)

grecIAN Harris

Great result and another class performance from Jamal
Perhaps the new goal keeping coach has a part in the upturn in his form
Bo!!ocks! He's been a decent keeper all the time it's just there are some who are too blind to see it.

Cowshed Grecian

How good was Jake Caprice, I’d say he’s probably GCs first choice WB at the moment. We were awful first half, but fair play to GC he changed it at HT and we looked far more solid. We get Stubbs fit and we are having a strong Second half to this season. UTC

Nigel E

Not too worried about FP League either but loosing a lot of players to bans in one lump won't be easy to work around (see extract below from Sky Sports before today's game)

Not a problem for a little while as it's now the point in the season where you need 10 EFL yellows to get a ban. (Cup yellows don't count for those purposes).

Jack Sparkes is on an incredible run of seven consecutive yellows (including one cup match)!

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=103566

STURTZ

Wary of implying causation, but Jamal's upturn in form seems to have pretty nearly aligned with Kevin Miller coming in a GK coach.

Thought Caldwell got it spot on when bringing Sparkes on for Jevani after his injury. It looked like we changed to more of a 4-4-1-1, and then 4-4-2 when Stanno came on, and the extra wide player gave us more of a threat, especially with how Key can drive forward with the ball (despite his mistakes, I thought he played well second half). I think we might see more of this system going forward, although imagine Caldwell will be after a LB as I'm not convinced he fully trusts Sparkes yet.
Bo!!ocks! He's been a decent keeper all the time it's just there are some who are too blind to see it.
I agree, he has been consistent all season with very few goals against us being down to any mistake from Jamal. It was the "he has problems getting down to shots" bollox that has always got me, he's been dropping on groundshots all season. Just the kind of clichéd comment that people will always level at tall keepers.

Love big Kev but doubt Bodmins finest has taught Blackman too much!

Last edited: