• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nah, let's see some of those goals he should have saved.
I don't get to many games these days but of those that I have seen this season, have a look at Shrewsbury's first two goals Sturtz - he looked pretty ponderous that night. Seemed to be more of the same for Ipswich's first goal too.

Great to hear he's getting sharper, and louder.

denzel

Haven't read all the thread but I think that tactically Caldwell outthought Robinson today. I was pleased to see Anderson go off and their subs did nothing, whereas switching Key (despite his finishing) was a great move, and then bringing on Stanno at the right time made the difference.
Yes we rode our luck but who cares? UTFC.

SaintJames

I BELIEVE in the process Gary keep it going son

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
In the last 3 seasons in league one , 37 , 48 & 40 was the points required to stay in the division….

we’re on 34 heading into the new year , let’s get to 50 by March and then anything onwards is a bonus.

arthur

Standout's today for me were Jamal and Caprice who is very under rated. Other fine games were Nombe, Archie, Sweeney and Hartridge who were all excellent. Stanno definately improved us no end and his goals will come. Josh was a mixed bag tremendous in places but utterly frustrating in others like when he loses the ball in dangerous places and doesn't put his foot though it when in the 6 yard box! Tactically Gary got half time spot on and Sparks was the right call at that point in the game rather than replacing Jevani then with another attacking player as were were being carved open
The fact that both Key and Caprice played at right wing back today gives the opportunity to compare their performances in that position. Caprice was far superior. This is testament not so much to Key's decline as Caprice's getting better all the time. I get the impression that GC has more faith in him than MT did

The first half was bizarre. We were unable to make a tackle or a pass it seemed. Had Oxford possessed even the vague semblance of a forward line the game would have been over by half time. The second half was completely different. It was correct to give an indirect free kick for that Jamal time wasting and I hope that learns him. I am going to start a thread about Sam - he is God

tom_ecfc

100% record of starting a match day thread in 2023 and City winning 💪

Poundstretcher

Just seen the highlights. Jamal's first half save from the Oxford header is crazy good.
Yeah. Looked good in real time but even better on the replay.

Cowshed Grecian

The fact that both Key and Caprice played at right wing back today gives the opportunity to compare their performances in that position. Caprice was far superior. This is testament not so much to Key's decline as Caprice's getting better all the time. I get the impression that GC has more faith in him than MT did

The first half was bizarre. We were unable to make a tackle or a pass it seemed. Had Oxford possessed even the vague semblance of a forward line the game would have been over by half time. The second half was completely different. It was correct to give an indirect free kick for that Jamal time wasting and I hope that learns him. I am going to start a thread about Sam - he is God
You’re right about Caprice. GC said in an interview recently how much he rates Caprice and how he has the attributes to be even better.

wiveygrecian

Haven't read all the thread but I think that tactically Caldwell outthought Robinson today. I was pleased to see Anderson go off and their subs did nothing, whereas switching Key (despite his finishing) was a great move, and then bringing on Stanno at the right time made the difference.
Yes we rode our luck but who cares? UTFC.
Spot on Denzel ! Just seen Robinson’s interview and he was not happy with how all of his subs played. He said they were all lethargic!

grecIAN Harris

Nah, let's see some of those goals he should have saved.
I'll tell you the first one the doubters all point to is the thirty yarder at Argiggle. What none of them look at is the fact that nobody shut the bloke down, there was a gaggle of 7-10 players in a block right in Jamal's eye line and the first sight he had of the ball was when it skidded off the deck around the penalty spot by which time he had little time to react. You could look at the first one in similar vein, Collins not shutting the ball down but I expect the doubters say he should have got hold of that one.