• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford United vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Bridgy 81

a clean sheet - unbelievable!!!!!!
We had one 6 days ago against Portsmouth.
Anyway, another great result today especially against a team who’ve turned us over twice this season.
Well done lads, Gary and his team and all our supporters who travelled.
10th in the league as the new year begins, with 7 points in a week from 3 games with 2 away wins, 2 clean sheets, 12 points clear of the drop zone and only 4 points from the playoffs.
2 weeks to rest, recuperate, hopefully shake off some injury niggles and freshen up the squad a bit.
I’m loving this.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Assume they will be off on a winter training break in Dubai in the next few days the boys.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never a smash and grab, we had loads of good opportunities, Key should have had a hat trick alone!
Agreed, an even game but we edged it in terms of opportunities. Never has the saying 'a game of 2 halves' been more apt.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Assume they will be off on a winter training break in Dubai.
More likely to be Dawlish Warren?!
#Taggyneedsanewmotor

Poundstretcher

Got 1-0 to us written all over it.
Hope you put a few quid on this…

chunkymorrinmunter

Assume they will be off on a winter training break in Dubai in the next few days the boys.
Or down the Warren

Larry Wilkie

I doubt one poster in particular will see it that way. He's probably choking on his vitriol as we speak :)
You’re not referring to Mr ‘we snatched a win at Bristol Rovers’ by any chance?

Positive spin

Great result and another class performance from Jamal
Perhaps the new goal keeping coach has a part in the upturn in his form

SaintJames

I think you misheard Credy we are off to Torquay not Dubai :)

Matt Phillips

Wary of implying causation, but Jamal's upturn in form seems to have pretty nearly aligned with Kevin Miller coming in a GK coach.

Thought Caldwell got it spot on when bringing Sparkes on for Jevani after his injury. It looked like we changed to more of a 4-4-1-1, and then 4-4-2 when Stanno came on, and the extra wide player gave us more of a threat, especially with how Key can drive forward with the ball (despite his mistakes, I thought he played well second half). I think we might see more of this system going forward, although imagine Caldwell will be after a LB as I'm not convinced he fully trusts Sparkes yet.