• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Owura Edwards in on loan from Bristol City

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had high hopes for him when he signed but just never looked good enough, sadly.

I guess this means Taylor will look for a replacement this month.
Looking at the squad we have I suppose whether we sign a replacement will depend on whether Matt Taylor feels Callum Rowe is likely to be in contention for the first team this season.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No end product, makes wrong decisions often - I agree I doubt he’ll be a football league player.

Still can get on the ball and kick it though, more than Seymours ever done 😂

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the squad we have I suppose whether we sign a replacement will depend on whether Matt Taylor feels Callum Rowe is likely to be in contention for the first team this season.
Yeah forgot about Rowe. Also, as we often play with wingbacks, it’s debatable whether anyone coming in as a direct replacement for Edwards would actually play that much.

SaintJames

Looking at how Rowe was allowed to go to Chippenham and his lack of 1st team action thus far I suspect Taylor doesn't see Callum making an impact this season

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
No end product, makes wrong decisions often - I agree I doubt he’ll be a football league player.

Still can get on the ball and kick it though, more than Seymours ever done 😂
I really hope Seymour doesn't read Exeweb, poor lad gets absolutely battered on the daily 😂

Grecianpasty

I hope with Edwards gone this will enable us to bring in another player.

I wish him all the best but fear for his future at Bristol City.

Oliver

Don't forget we have Jack Sparkes back now.

andrew p long

Funnily enough in the possible team I constructed in my head overnight for Saturday's game I had a starting 11 and 8 potential subs (plus 2 experienced players with the U23s in search of minutes)

Owura ended up as 19th choice ie neither in the side nor on the bench. So I think its a good move that he has been recalled by Bristol City.

He had slipped down the pecking order with attackers Brown Jay Podge Coley and now OZ all ahead of him, with Nombe due back in '2-4 weeks' (note - has MT realised that saying '3 weeks' before he is fit has become the stuff of satire, so says '2-4' weeks instead?)

And for a winger we ought to be developing/using Coley ahead of Edwards and on the left have Sparkes (and potentially Iseguan for the occasional sub experience). So I wouldn't look for a like for like replacement

Alistair20000

Had high hopes for him when he signed but just never looked good enough, sadly.

I guess this means Taylor will look for a replacement this month.
I felt the same and there was the odd flash of pace when I saw him early on but too many shortcomings, at least at this point of his development. Don't think we will miss him but best wishes to him for the future.

jimmy

Recalled? Or MT called and said, "I can't guarantee too much football over the next five months."

Athletic but very raw. Does this mean another one in?