• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our midfield aren't working as a unit

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
The issue that interests me most is that having chosen Taylor as captain, whether the manager feels able to drop him if he feels he isn't producing consistently enough. In a way its a test of his self confidence, as dropping his chosen captain could be taken as an admission he had got it wrong to start with. I wouldn't subscribe to that way of thinking myself as ive always thought the armband has to be continually earned and that it should never be something that automatically gives a player an immunity to being dropped to the bench.
Don’t think it’s a case of needing to drop Jake he clearly has ability and needs to play in a more attacking position either wide on the right or an attacking midfield position...as for the midfield holding role maybe give Dara O’Shea a try seeing as Tilson doesn’t really have the consistency for the job.

Stelios

Wil you stil persist in referring to Tilson?
Wil try not to!

Noted :$