• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

other teams

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was just asking you how you differentiated 'support' and 'follow'.
Surely 'support' implies a financial input, at least. Therefore buying, for instance, a Manchester Utd shirt makes one a 'supporter'.

LOG

My other team is Hibs.

Mixu Paatelainen, what a f*cking signing.

Swanaldo

My other team is Hibs.

...no thanks :D

DB9

100% City, Wish i could see them more if it wasn't for location and work. Love this thread, Reading all those City only fans is really heart warming. Love going on the "Top to Bottom" forum and putting my ore in and have fun at those who seem to give a sh*t about Premeirsh*te teams

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Actually it's funny how many people follow teams that they only have a small connection with. For example my boss was born in Exeter but moved to Southampton as a kid and supports Saints. Then he moved back to Devon (the so called Riviera) and is a bit of a Torquay fan. In addition he follows Rangers in Scotland and also looks out for the results of some team in the lower Scottish leagues (because they used to be really rubbish and he felt sorry for them). Yet despite living in Exeter for at least half his life he still cringes at the sight of my ECFC mug. Crazy :D

As for the support/follower thing I'm inclined to agree with RAWZ. I do also wonder how many people under the age of 20 will still be 'supporting' their club when they hit 50. This is largely because I used to say I was a Man U fan but certainly wouldn't now :) All these kids that wear Chelsea etc. shirts to SJP I like to think of as in a no mans land where they have to go one way or the other because, IMO even if you follow 2 clubs then there will always be one which you care about more :)