• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Other Sports / Covid 19

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stay-at-home darts. Phil the Power had a charity match v some Dutchman quite recently.

Legohead

Banned
Snooker.

All you'd need is the two players and ref testing.

LOG

Regardless of the sport, and talking about at the professional level, there isn't much point holding any kind of tournament unless it's televised which means you'll need a lot more people involved than just the players and officials. I mean, how many cameras would be needed to cover a golf tournament? They may be able to socially distance, but they still have to get there and back, set everything up and so on. Is it really worth the risk just to able to play the tournament in the first place?

All this behind closed doors stuff seems a bit nonsensical to me. Take football. To stage a match you're up to 50 odd people just with players and coaching staff. Then you'd need medical staff, TV crew, safety staff, some level of catering staff and so on plus the away team may have to travel hundreds of miles. You'd easily get up to nearing 100 people just with the bare minimum.

Legohead

Banned
Regardless of the sport, and talking about at the professional level, there isn't much point holding any kind of tournament unless it's televised which means you'll need a lot more people involved than just the players and officials. I mean, how many cameras would be needed to cover a golf tournament? They may be able to socially distance, but they still have to get there and back, set everything up and so on. Is it really worth the risk just to able to play the tournament in the first place?

All this behind closed doors stuff seems a bit nonsensical to me. Take football. To stage a match you're up to 50 odd people just with players and coaching staff. Then you'd need medical staff, TV crew, safety staff, some level of catering staff and so on plus the away team may have to travel hundreds of miles. You'd easily get up to nearing 100 people just with the bare minimum.
Totally agree LOG but it's better that than the alternative which is no sport at all until next year at the earliest. If society is permitted to start travelling around for work and leisure to a limited extent then surely the background staff covering behind closed doors sporting events could do also and bring some sport into our homes.

Legohead

Banned
Horse racing from Longchamp in Paris back on today. Christophe Soumillon has just given me a winner! Spinning Memories.

Hopefully it won't be too long for UK racing to resume. Behind closed doors of course. A shame though. If they could just let in the people who want to attend to appreciate the racing and the course environment instead of those just wanting to get smashed and shout abuse then there would be plenty of space for all us racing fans.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
So pigeon, greyhound and horse racing back today as well as snooker.
Such riches.

(Hope you are ok Legohead)

Alistair20000

Professional snooker only and not clubs I assume.

Lego reportedly “seen” on here at 5:58 p.m. per his page so hopefully all is well with him

Last edited:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Professional snooker only and not clubs I assume.

Lego reportedly “seen” on here at 5:58 p.m. per his page so hopefully all is well with him
Yes I believe so. Feel for the pro snooker players. Had their world championship postponed and now they finally are allowed to play, it's in Milton Keynes.

Hopefully good news re Lego.

iscalad

he's lurking now

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
F1 confirm their schedule for the next 8 races, and Silverstone gets 2 races.