• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Organisation Restructure At Argyle

IBA

Measures needed to secure the long term future of the club, with talk of existential threat and stuff.

Note that they are aiming to be a self-sufficient championship club. Bless 'em.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

Measures needed to secure the long term future of the club, with talk of existential threat and stuff.

Already mentioned here (y)

https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/the-threat-of-coronavirus-to-ecfc.61886/page-86

Grecian2K

So were Bolton....and Wigan.
(We can live in hope)

dontpassback

Does anyone know what percentage of our staff are voluntary in comparison with the Argyle set up,they seem to have a rake of people including a head chef etc,and whilst i appreciate that some of our staff are employed,I do believe some of our work is done voluntarily so it would be interesting to compare our overheads.

DB9

Does anyone know what percentage of our staff are voluntary in comparison with the Argyle set up,they seem to have a rake of people including a head chef etc,and whilst i appreciate that some of our staff are employed,I do believe some of our work is done voluntarily so it would be interesting to compare our overheads.
I'd thought there would be only volunteers on matchdays, Rest of the time they'd be all paid staff I'd imagine.

i8cornwall

So were Bolton....and Wigan.
(We can live in hope)
Bolton are run fine now, slight blip that’s all.

Ash

Bolton are run fine now, slight blip that’s all.
Hopefully, but isn't a bit early to be sure of that yet?

i8cornwall

Hopefully, but isn't a bit early to be sure of that yet?
So far the owners have been brilliant, paid all the debts off, sensibly funding the building of a new team and paying staff on time.

What happens in 4 or 5 years time who knows but so far so good.

DB9

So far the owners have been brilliant, paid all the debts off, sensibly funding the building of a new team and paying staff on time.
That is all you can ask for i8 (y)

dontpassback

I don’t think Argyle will be the only club in this scenario,I think the volunteer ethos which we started in the conference days has carried on and will put us in good stead