• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Onwards and upwards a conversation with Paul Tisdale.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
To anyone who was actually there last night, it's being reported on Facebook that tisdale said we can't afford to go up
He's been quoted in the past as saying that we don't have the "business model" (or some such term) to survive in League 1.

Barum

To anyone who was actually there last night, it's being reported on Facebook that tisdale said we can't afford to go up, when we were in league one he gave a presentation telling the club to save money as he knew we would go down, apparently he also picks the side with business in mind playing young players when they do well and dropping them if they don't look right even if it means we will lose and he instructed the players at Luton to avoid bookings so we could win the fair play again.

Is any or all of this true? Does he want people to come to matches as he has a strange way of going about it. Maybe it would be helpful for the club to publish what was said last night. Re the budget levels someone else there reported we were about tenth in the division rather than bottom six so would be helpful to know what was actually said.
FFS, has it really come to this? If this is true, I won't be going to matches until Tisdale walks, I've had more than a gutful of this 'see you next Tuesday'.

Last edited:

Ian Mancey

Personally I thought last night was good, But

I've Been thinking about some of Tis statements last night!

1. I've maintained for several seasons we don't go out to win!
Tis confirmed playing and winning is 3rd in list of priorities for the club!

2. Last year I was convinced the team is unfit and blowing out its arse!
Tis confirmed the team only trained for an hour and half a week!
That can't be acceptable!

I think, and I don't want to over analyse but I think Tis was saying to the board and trust back me or sack me!

He said if I'm not what you want let's negotiate my exit!

Things I have to agree with is.

The club is a business! It has to pay VAT,
corporation tax, rates, rent etc! So we need an income / cash to fuel the business.

We don't own any property so we can't borrow money against any assets.

Our revenue / income comes from the trust, gate receipts, tv rights, sponsorship and player sales etc.

So

To invest in a all weather pitch is good!

1. At least the team can train and stay fit. In turn play better football.

2. At least we can Produce home grown talent, for sale which in turn creates more cash to invest which will hopefully produce better football!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
If PT honestly said " If I'm not what you want let's negotiate my exit" you have to take him up on it.... I suspect he said it because he knows that no one has the "boll***s to do it and even if they did, the cost would be huge.

However, he has made the offer and you have to start negotiating somewhere.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Not going out to win? Seriously, what is the bloke on.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've always wondered about our fitness, or lack of it. Sercombe commented on Twitter how hard pre season was at Oxford last summer, thats because he's used to our gently ease them into the season approach. Its no wonder players like it here and our comfortable. No one enjoys being beasted during pre season but it pays off.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
And here lies the problem. As a supporter of ECFC ultimately my aim is to enjoy on the field success and watch us climb the divisions. I don't want the club to go bust in doing so but whats the point of being in a "healthy" finacial position, developing the training facilities, producing young talent for future sales, if we are going to remain a mid table L2 club. Surely at some point the focus needs to move onto St James Park and the first team as thats what the club is all about!

Banksy

I've always wondered about our fitness, or lack of it. Sercombe commented on Twitter how hard pre season was at Oxford last summer, thats because he's used to our gently ease them into the season approach. Its no wonder players like it here and our comfortable. No one enjoys being beasted during pre season but it pays off.
What does it matter if he/ the club don't want promotion anyway? Seemingly , neither do most of the supporters as they seem happy with the status quo.

elginCity

Tis confirmed the team only trained for an hour and half a week!
That can't be acceptable!
Are you sure he didn't say "we train for 90 mins a session", which would be about right ?

StroudGrecian

Is that what he said?