• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Only one team in Devon

Matt Russell

Loving my interaction with you as always Max!

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mr Gallois is perfectly correct in his opening post.

Pl*muff is a urinary - whoops, sorry, UNITARY - authority.

And Torquay is just tinpot!

STURTZ

An article on Devon Lies justifies the hideous choice of hue thus:
"Gr**n is said to be the colour that is most associated with Devon because it is the colour of Devon's Rugby Team, the official colour of Exeter University, AND IS THE COLOUR OF PL*MUFF ARG*LE"
(Brief pause here while the nurse fetches me a sick bag!!!)

Thankfully, and perhaps surprisingly, the article does not also point out that ghastly gr**n is also the official colour used our own City council.
There is a case for all rural pastoral counties to have green in their official colours, it being the colour of grass. But think of Devon and you think of it's unique (as far as I know) red soil and sandstone. Ther's even a breed of cow called Red Devon! The whole things a stitch up probably sponsored by Don Arnold.

Grecian2K

Yeah, but surely, in Pl*muff especially, if you're a grass all that will happen is "the lads" will come after you with baseball bats?

IndoMike

Jesus Christ Matt Russell you are a bore
Is Matt Russell Jesus Christ?

grecianstew

No! just a naughty boy.

StroudGrecian

Plymouth and Torbay have not been legally part of Devon since 1998, when they became Unitary Authorities.

They are however still part of Devon for ceremonial purposes.
While I have long understood this to be true, I'm a wonderin' exactly what 'ceremonial purposes' means, could you enlighten me?

Unless it means just still being on a jigsaw of Devon or summat.

Spoonz Red E

No! just a naughty boy.
Alex Jeannin was the Miss Higher.

Colesman Ballz

Alex Jeannin was the Miss Higher.
But with Toblerone boots instead of sandals.

ex_user1234

Resigned
The Devon flag (or Snot Rag as I prefer to call it) has absolutely no historical or heraldic heritage whatsoever, coming about as a result of a poll by the entirely "non-tamarcentric" Radio Devon and based on a scrawl done by an effin' student. There are strong suggestions of foreign interference in the voting, although in this instance the culprits were Cornish rather than Russian!

An article on Devon Lies justifies the hideous choice of hue thus:
"Gr**n is said to be the colour that is most associated with Devon because it is the colour of Devon's Rugby Team, the official colour of Exeter University, AND IS THE COLOUR OF PL*MUFF ARG*LE"
(Brief pause here while the nurse fetches me a sick bag!!!)

Thankfully, and perhaps surprisingly, the article does not also point out that ghastly gr**n is also the official colour used our own City council.

This last fact I find particularly offensive and I believe ALL true, red-blooded Dumnominorians should be lobbying our local representatives for a change to a more appropriate and pleasing colour forthwith. Such a move would, I'm sure, be a guaranteed vote winner!

Yours sincerely
Mr Grumpy of At Thomas
Love this post! Can't for the life of me understand why Exeter council chose green as their official colour. Anything but green. Just shows the powers-that-be there don't give two hoots about their city's football club. Ed