• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't think so.

Have a look at and listen to Ronald Reagan's "Tear down this wall" speech in Berlin in 1987, towards the end of his presidency. All 26 minutes of it, not just the short clips.
R R got a fair bit of abuse during his time in the White House but those days are looked back on very favourably now.Reagan also spoke at the Oxford Union towards the end of his second term,he was rapturously received at the end of his speech.

Reagan anecdote...I was doing the tourist bit mooching around downtown LA in 1995 when a large group of limos parked up,the unmistakable figure in a smart dark suit of former President Reagan was ushered into a building(his office i later learned) He was quite ill with Alzheimer’s at the time,it was reported that his wife wanted to have a structure around his life hence the regular office visits.
Unbelievably the same day whilst I was driving back to Santa Monica,the traffic was stopped on the Freeway to allow President Clinton’s motorcade to pass..What are the chances of seeing two presidents in the same day ? 😁

DB9

So, Make up your own minds, Border Patrols trying whip Hatian immigrants on the US/Mexico Border or as the Guards said, Trying to control their horses? I do know one thing if this happened on Trump's watch there would be hell to pay. If the former then surely everyone deserves to be treated with respect, Not look like a scene from 12 years a slave or Roots?

Mr Jinx

So, Make up your own minds, Border Patrols trying whip Hatian immigrants on the US/Mexico Border or as the Guards said, Trying to control their horses? I do know one thing if this happened on Trump's watch there would be hell to pay. If the former then surely everyone deserves to be treated with respect, Not look like a scene from 12 years a slave or Roots?

Interesting to see how their media is playing it over there. Like you said, if this was under Trump, CNN would be shredding him to pieces.

Like I said, we've got 3 more years of cover-ups and excuses to look forward to. Not from Fox natch, but they're pretty much a lone voice Stateside.

Oldsmobile-88

It looks a clusterfkcu on the Texas border.
Mixed messages from the administration has not helped.
Not sure of the context of that photo.Is it just the riders loose reigns ?

DB9

It looks a clusterfkcu on the Texas border.
Mixed messages from the administration has not helped.
Not sure of the context of that photo.Is it just the riders loose reigns ?
This is the problem Olds, You've the media saying they're being horse whipped but the Border Patrols were saying they were controling the horses. The Bridge has hundreds if not thousands Haitians looking to get into the US from Mexico and apparently it gets a bit tricky when some go from one side to the other to get food/water. The Southern Border of the US is really getting out of control, We say we've problems with dingy crossings, Its nothing compared to the thousands on that border trying to get into the US.

tavyred

Yet despite his "lack of mental acuity" (or otherwise) he still somehow manages to run rings around our own dodgy, dishonest PM - who needs cue cards just to remind him how many offspring that he has procreated.Like you say, don't know whether to 😁 or 😭
BJ apparently fessed up to the full number of his kiddiewinks yesterday G2K. 👍😎

StroudGrecian

I await evidence on how good a VP KH is.
She may not have much time to prove her worth to you Al, though I've no doubt it is high on her list of priorities.

Oldsmobile-88

Ex-President Jimmy Carter is 97 today...Easily the longest surviving president after he left office(Jan 1981) The previous record was held by Herbert Hoover(1874-1964) who left the White House in Jan 1932.

Mr Jinx

And so Ireland caves in and, under pressure from Biden, raises its Corporation Tax from 12.5% to 15%.

And there's me dissin the fella.

Sleepy does what Brussels never could.

Top o da mornin to ya fella

Alistair20000

And so Ireland caves in and, under pressure from Biden, raises its Corporation Tax from 12.5% to 15%.

And there's me dissin the fella.

Sleepy does what Brussels never could.

Top o da mornin to ya fella
Still a very low rate.