• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Politics Thread USA Edition

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
(Former Ranger, 3 x tours Iraq and Afghan including the Battle of Samawah, platoon leader 82nd Airborne, awarded Bronze Star)
As opposed to Coward In Chief Trump
(Former Draft Dodger. Numerous tours to Golf Courses including Turnberry, pathetic bleeder 1600th Pennsylvania Avenue, awarded hard earned Bone Spurs)

elginCity

Bone spurs is the first US president to be impeached twice. Bigly.

DB9

Still not sure what this achieves but he is now officially the worst President........EVER!!!!!!!!!

IndoMike

Just woken up to hear the happy news that
a. Orange face has been impeached yet again 🙄.
b. Tavers has confessed to being a serial deflector. I hope Exeweb impeaches him soon.

Looks like being a good day ..

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks to me like Trump is being bullied. Impeached once, on spurious charges. Now he can't even serve out the final days of the best Presidency ever in peace without another witch-hunt. Just people jealous of his self-made wealth, popularity and younger wife. No-one has done more in history to generate wealth and create jobs in America and to bring stability to the world, and this is the way he is repaid. I honestly don't know what the world is coming to.

IndoMike

Looks to me like Trump is being bullied. Impeached once, on spurious charges. Now he can't even serve out the final days of the best Presidency ever in peace without another witch-hunt. Just people jealous of his self-made wealth, popularity and younger wife. No-one has done more in history to generate wealth and create jobs in America and to bring stability to the world, and this is the way he is repaid. I honestly don't know what the world is coming to.
Nearly whooshed.
Tavers is being bullied, too...🙃

IndoMike

America is well and truly farked as a nation. Let's face it : half the country are *gun happy/ racist/ Christian reactionary/ very conservative/entitled/ deluded / arrogant/neoNazi/uneducated/isolationist/naive/nutters.

The Republican party is replete with gutless characters who put their own political and physical safety above accepting the truth.

Well done to the 10 Republican Congresspeople who thought about their country more than their own safety : they showed up the rest as miserable cowards.
Biden has an impossible job in the future
trying to govern in this mixed up, shook up, deluded nation of misfits

Difficult for the Yanks to lecture to the rest of the world any more. As George W once said, the West is old and tired. Like it or not, the 21st century will be the era of the East

* Not necessary to delete any : it's all true

IndoMike

The reason that - in my own very little way - I and others have been fighting against white supremacy, racism, nationalism et al on these boards is that such views can spread when society is disillusioned - scapegoating has raised its ugly head time and time again throughout history.
This kind of malicious behaviour is now reaching a climax in the US (and it's not over yet). On January 6th some of the seditionist were wearing T shirts emblazoned with "Camp Auschwitz.Six million not enough". Other murderous threats were made.
I am not the victim here but I should point out that one poster actually accused me of being belligerent on.these boards when I drew attention to a clearly racist post and called it out.. This is what is happening in the US : people are afraid to call out the wrong because they get slaughtered for it.
So, if you don't want the UK to end up like the US I hope others will denounce comments which support or condone racism, white supremacy, anti-Semitism or extreme nationalism and will draw attention to fake news or lies emanating from the Govt or press
Not trying to lecture or tell peopie what to write : just saying that sitting on the fence
sometimes makes a person complicit in the bad stuff.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The 10 Republican Congresspeople who stood up to Trump and his followers......
Where were the others?

IndoMike

And finally today :

Looks like Trump is now caught between a rock and a hard place. If there is violence on the 20th it will make him look even worse, but if there are no protests/violence it will look like his followers have backed down.