• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good stat. Ollie is not England's best striker, but the stats suggest he is worthy of being selected for the squad.
Totally agree.

tom_ecfc

Good stat. Ollie is not England's best striker, but the stats suggest he is worthy of being selected for the squad.
Look at some of the strikers that have been given a cap in the past…Watkins deserves a chance.

Radio Free Skaro

It's my biggest bug bear with Southgate's squads. It always lists, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Grealish as 'forwards'. They're not forwards. Put some bleddy forwards in your squad Southgate.
You could add Foden to that list too.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's my biggest bug bear with Southgate's squads. It always lists, Sterling, Mount, Saka, Grealish as 'forwards'. They're not forwards. Put some bleddy forwards in your squad Southgate.
Mount isn't but what are the other three? They're not midfielders. They're not wingers, in the old traditional sense of the word. Stirling and Saka get a reasonable share of goals. So how do you describe them?

tom_ecfc

Mount isn't but what are the other three? They're not midfielders. They're not wingers, in the old traditional sense of the word. Stirling and Saka get a reasonable share of goals. So how do you describe them?
They are a midstriker. The whole Keeper*, Defender, Midfielder, Striker blocks need to change with the times.

*Unless rush keeper, no change here!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit like Jamie Mackie? 😉

grecIAN Harris

A bit like Jamie Mackie? 😉
I said a reasonable share of goals, not ten in ten games and f*&k all for ten years.;)

fred binneys head

Of course they’re forwards, have a word with yourself Super Ron.

Forwards are those players you expect to score. That’s the official definition. Getting a goal from a defender or midfielder is nice but you don’t expect it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course they’re forwards, have a word with yourself Super Ron.

Forwards are those players you expect to score. That’s the official definition. Getting a goal from a defender or midfielder is nice but you don’t expect it.
I never expect Mason Mount to score.

grecIAN Harris

I never expect Mason Mount to score.
That's because Mason Mount is a midfielder and not a forward.