• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good interview with Ollie in the Sunday Times yesterday. You should, I think, be able to read it for free here:
Ollie Watkins: Unai Emery won’t let me leave the box – he can be blunt (thetimes.co.uk)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
You have to subtract the £1.8m fee from the £28m first. JJ's sell on figure is correct.
Good point. There's a reason I don't work as an accountant.

Martin Weiler

Ollie says: “Trust the process”.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
misses out on England squad,Ivan Toney preferred.

I wouldn't have bet on that.

dontpassback

Southgate isn’t fit to be England manager

Toney has a 100% penalty record, unlike Kane or for that matter, Ollie. If his great form continues then Ollie will get his call up.

Banksy

Toney has a 100% penalty record, unlike Kane or for that matter, Ollie. If his great form continues then Ollie will get his call up.
Better hope we win a lot of penalties then.

Colesman Ballz

Toney is in a similar sort of situation to Jevani, England wouldn't pick him for the World Cup Finals, yet the wheels of justice at the FA are grinding even slower than the English Court system ! If they do actually play him now , that decision should surely help ECFC end their ridiculous decision to exclude Jevani from selection any longer !

denzel

I'm really not sure how much form is needed! What was it, 6 goals in 5 games? Including against Liverpool, City and Arsenal.
Though I guess Toney scored yesterday against the mighty Southampton...
Some of the selections in that squad seem to suggest that Southgate doesn't pick on form

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Toney is currently more worthy of a call up than Watkins. If Toney had come through our academy everyone on here would agree with me and no-one would be arguing for Watkins.