• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was for Covid related fixture congestion not a recognition of the inconsistencies of VAR!
Yes but its not coming back is it?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Yes but its not coming back is it?
Have they ruled out all replays in the FA cup forever?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Replays I think will return next year as they're apart of the TV deal n would involve some form of compensation to itv n the BBC

denzel

Next year will be the excuse of the World Cup and then they will assess that its working well and do away with them for good. Thats my prediction

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
First time I'd watched Watkins in a full 90 minute match since he left us and was amazed at how far he's come.

Was a constant thorn in United's side and linked play brilliantly, he looked a lot better than all of the attacking players United had on offer. I've gone from wondering whether he would be good enough for Villa to thinking maybe he's too good for them.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
First time I'd watched Watkins in a full 90 minute match since he left us and was amazed at how far he's come.

Was a constant thorn in United's side and linked play brilliantly, he looked a lot better than all of the attacking players United had on offer. I've gone from wondering whether he would be good enough for Villa to thinking maybe he's too good for them.
……..me too.

arthur

I liked Shearer's rather dry refusal to join in with the adulation when Ollie's shot hit the bar....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have they ruled out all replays in the FA cup forever?
Judging from some of the comments in the media it seems this again is COVID related and in all likelihood round 5 will see a return to the norm.

CWH-NYC_

Another one ruled out- he is so unlucky.

grecIAN Harris

Another one ruled out- he is so unlucky.
He was poor today despite being unlucky with the goal. I thought he was onside. His whole body position made him look like he was very much onside and again it highlights my issue with the offside rule and VAR. If Ollie was a ball he'd still be in play yet we continue to play the complete opposite for offside. It's just plain wrong. That said, I was quite glad of the outcome. All of a sudden Newcastle have gone from looking like they're on deaths door to be in a position where they can make themselves comfortable (now four points clear of Naarwich with a game in hand) and drag three others (Everton, Leeds and Brentford) into a very much needed look over their shoulders.