• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster

Pete Martin (CTID)

Absolutely superb goal from 'one of our own' against Guardiola's lot tonight. 🙂

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Villa stay up (Kerching Grecians) but possibly more Kerching if he moves on in Jan

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know that Dean Smith was a bit of a mentor to Ollie but since Smith left seems to have been rejuvenated under Gerrard. Hopefully Southgate has noticed!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know that Dean Smith was a bit of a mentor to Ollie but since Smith left seems to have been rejuvenated under Gerrard. Hopefully Southgate has noticed!
I assumed it's got more to do with fitness after his injury tbh.

Pobbop

I assumed it's got more to do with fitness after his injury tbh.
Yeah, people writing him off after he was clearly srtuggling for match fitness, was all a bit strange, but ho-hum, that's Exeweb for you.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Gave Ake a torrid time. Best I've seen Ollie play, everything positive was going through him.

It was also very nice to see him leading on the pitch. I think the Gerrard appointment may work very, very nicely for our Ollie.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gave Ake a torrid time. Best I've seen Ollie play, everything positive was going through him.

It was also very nice to see him leading on the pitch. I think the Gerrard appointment may work very, very nicely for our Ollie.
I hope so - Gerrard seems to be a rare example of a top player taking management seriously and putting in the effort to be good at the job rather than just relying on his name and reputation.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players in their second season in any league at a new club higher up the ladder often struggle for a while. Opposition clubs will have sussed out their strengths and weakness and will mark them better. As he has also had an injury, no surprise he has had a slow start. Also the arrival of Ings changed the way Villa were set up.

Time will tell whether the arrival of Gerrard is what made the difference.

STURTZ

Sort of think that Smith had Ings forced on him, he'd worked successfully with watkins before and knew his best position. Ings came along as an out an out goalscorer and forced Ollie to play a very different game which didn't work.

Sorry for Smith, similar with Solsjkear, had a nice little team going on and had Ronaldo forced on him.

Still, who cares about those overpaid prima donnas eh?