• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If they can keep him fit that does not look expensive to me.

Don't understand why Spurs failed to sign Ollie but he might have struggled to start with Son and Kane first choices. On loan from Benifica Vinicius Alves Morais brought in to cover looks very average.
The bloke who.knew OW's true worth also knew there was little risk when signing him. All the others didn't know Ollie's true worth and thought it was a risk

tonykellowfan

Going back to the England situation, Vardy has definitely retired from internationals and will not come back as he is doing everything he can to preserve his club career. Kane is obviously no 1 and Southgate has often preferred a front 3 with say Rashford and Sterling. Calvert-Lewin and Sancho are also ahead in the pecking order, but after that I think goals do the talking and if Watkins keeps scoring then Southgate will definitely get him in for a friendly to have a look at him and that could easily see him close to the England squad for the Euros.

IndoMike

Going back to the England situation, Vardy has definitely retired from internationals and will not come back as he is doing everything he can to preserve his club career. Kane is obviously no 1 and Southgate has often preferred a front 3 with say Rashford and Sterling. Calvert-Lewin and Sancho are also ahead in the pecking order, but after that I think goals do the talking and if Watkins keeps scoring then Southgate will definitely get him in for a friendly to have a look at him and that could easily see him close to the England squad for the Euros.
Said before that a Grealish- Watkins combination might be a good option. Not convinced about Southall though : don't think he's very good tactically or in player selection. But that's for another thread.
Watkins seems to take everything in his stride and I wouldn't be surprised if he quickly adapted to international football. I reckon Watkins could create a lot of space for Sterling and Rashford

StroudGrecian

If they can keep him fit that does not look expensive to me.
Perhaps not Al, as you look down from your throne at Tebburn Towers, but do spare a thought for us mere mortals, for whom £55m squid is and always will be a feckin fortune.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Said before that a Grealish- Watkins combination might be a good option. Not convinced about Southall though : don't think he's very good tactically or in player selection. But that's for another thread.
Watkins seems to take everything in his stride and I wouldn't be surprised if he quickly adapted to international football. I reckon Watkins could create a lot of space for Sterling and Rashford
Neville Southall has not been playing for years Mike!

Alistair20000

Perhaps not Al, as you look down from your throne at Tebburn Towers, but do spare a thought for us mere mortals, for whom £55m squid is and always will be a feckin fortune.
The remark was in the context of the Alice in Wonderland world of football finance Stroudy. :)

Meanwhile, the bills just keep coming into Tebburn Towers with no bits of the seabed to flog off to finance them. :cry:

IndoMike

Neville Southall has not been playing for years Mike!
Oops! And he's Welsh!!
Probably a better manager than Southgate though..

IndoMike

The remark was in the context of the Alice in Wonderland world of football finance Stroudy. :)

Meanwhile, the bills just keep coming into Tebburn Towers with no bits of the seabed to flog off to finance them. :cry:
Is your abode now in a similar state of disrepair as Haldon Castle? Many years ago I climbed up to the roof there on a state visit and nearly fell through it. I know upkeep of large rambling homes can be very expensive

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Is your abode now in a similar state of disrepair as Haldon Castle? Many years ago I climbed up to the roof there on a state visit and nearly fell through it.
Not quite, but three while vans and men with tool boxes are prowling around today which means bills. :( And add to that South West Water have just rocked up to repair the damage caused to our yard a couple of weeks ago when the main water supply pipe to Tebburn fractured.

IndoMike

Not quite, but three while vans and men with tool boxes are prowling around today which means bills. :( And add to that South West Water have just rocked up to repair the damage caused to our yard a couple of weeks ago when the main water supply pipe to Tebburn fractured.
So it's "Right said Fred, climbing up a ladder" time. I feel your pain.
Seriously, you mean the pipe cracked due to being frozen, right? Or was it an act of sabotage carried out by the Tedburn Reactionary Front?
UTC!