• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apart from Jamie Mackie, he can do one. :)
And "Buster the Badge" Phillips. :mad:

DB9

Given likely effects on change of government tack re crowds etc I wonder if we need to be concerned over getting full payments from Brentford / Villa if the do an "Exeter 1994 - 1996" on us ?
Brentford have just built a new stadium and Villa are spending to stay in Premiership with both, like us, having no matchday revenue.
UTC
No, Villa have rich Chinese owners plus £160m pa TV money and Brentford have a very rich backer too, I couldn't see any PL club going squit, Even without fans at games, In fact there was a report last year or year before that most clubs in the PL don't need fans in to make money, It is mostly done on TV/Sponsors deals/ Rights/Overseas rights etc. Although Brentford are in the Championship the money they've got in transfers and potential transfers, rich owner and a decent business plan they'll be fine but the matchday income will affect them no doubt but as we are "OK" because of the Watkins money so are Brentford with their transfer income.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, Villa have rich Chinese owners plus £160m pa TV money and Brentford have a very rich backer too, I couldn't see any PL club going squit, Even without fans at games, In fact there was a report last year or year before that most clubs in the PL don't need fans in to make money, It is mostly done on TV/Sponsors deals/ Rights/Overseas rights etc. Although Brentford are in the Championship the money they've got in transfers and potential transfers, rich owner and a decent business plan they'll be fine but the matchday income will affect them no doubt but as we are "OK" because of the Watkins money so are Brentford with their transfer income.
Bretford's new ground has like the SASS at SJP been mainly paid for by the developers of the flats. Griffin Park is also being demolished to have apartments built around a communal garden, like Highbury.

And we would in any case be "football creditors"

DB9

I'd forgot that one John, Make a change that we'd get all owed to us! (y)

budegrecian

Brings a tear to the eye, this. I do hope the club are allowed to reproduce this image & display it somewhere appropriate at SJP.

Alistair20000

Brings a tear to the eye, this. I do hope the club are allowed to reproduce this image & display it somewhere appropriate at SJP.

Social distancing not being observed ?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bretford's new ground has like the SASS at SJP been mainly paid for by the developers of the flats. Griffin Park is also being demolished to have apartments built around a communal garden, like Highbury.

Thanks - now I can relax !
UTC

Reactions: DB9

Dannyred

Ollie scored for Villa Tonight against Bristol City.

contrabombarde

Ollie scored for Villa Tonight against Bristol City.
Came on as a sub in the 70th minute and scored on 73 minutes 👍

andrew p long

Sky commentator described it as ‘an easy goal’ with Ollie involved earlier in the move.

however , it was another one that Ollie made easy by his running. He was in his own half on the left touchline when playing a pass inside. He then ran 60 yards outpacing his marker so that at the conclusion of the neat move he was 5 yards clear of his marker when he collected the ball in the area and slotted home.