• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
500K and 15% sell on is what I was also told.
Let's assume your info is correct. Then if the Bees win tomorrow we will be due the 500k. However in assessing their profit after any future sale in would then be a percentage of the total profit over 2.3m already paid to us, rather than a percentage above 1.8M.

Irrespective of whatever might eventually come our way it will of course be good news and be very gratefully received ! :)

benjisheps

Let's assume your info is correct. Then if the Bees win tomorrow we will be due the 500k. However in assessing their profit after any future sale in would then be a percentage of the total profit over 2.3m already paid to us, rather than a percentage above 1.8M.

Irrespective of whatever might eventually come our way it will of course be good news and very gratefully received ! :)
That's a good question and do not know if the 500k counts against us in terms of overall profit or if the 500K is a one time 'bonus' so to speak and therefore the % of the total profit would still be calculated based upon the 1.8M figure.
Either way, like you say it is good news overall and to be fair the club has done well in these negotiations and so should be given some credit here.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe. Maybe not.

The contract might stipulate a percentage of profit over and above the initial fee.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Memo : with respect the 500k for promotion is a rumour, not FCAT. We also thought that our cut of a transfer fee was 20%, now people are saying 15% The mate in the pub is not consistent
Of course, but you'd expect there to be some truth in it if DevonLive are reporting. Bit poor if they'd made up a story based on someone's Exeweb post, but has been done I suppose.

Colesman Ballz

Maybe. Maybe not.

The contract might stipulate a percentage of profit over and above the initial fee.
You are of course right in saying it depends entirely on the contract. Usually however these things are usually.based on overall profit, certainly in regards to transfer tribunal cases. There can't be many buying clubs who are keen to shell out "double bubble"

At the end of the day this is all useless speculation, and certain things may become clearer in just a little over 24hrs time, so we might just as well hang on until then.

Red Devon

Of course, but you'd expect there to be some truth in it if DevonLive are reporting. Bit poor if they'd made up a story based on someone's Exeweb post, but has been done I suppose.
I see Stuart James penned the article so hopefully it’s reliable...Interesting that my £30m move to Leeds storey got a mention though.

Banksy

DevonLive reporting that the promotion windfall would be £500k. They also state that the sell-on clause to be 15%.
Surely 20% sell on?

Banksy

Might be best if Brentford win tonight, we get £500k, have a season of giving the youngsters a go, and if Ollie has a pretty good season you're likely looking at a £40m valuation.
That’s tomorrow night btw.

dontpassback

Whatever happens,we should be getting an extra wedge of money,so in these current times it’s a win win for city.i hope Brentford go up because I think ollie will move on to bigger things eventually,and when clubs look at players it’s not always the abilit,and ollie has that in bucketloads but their demeanour and level headedness,Bielsa is a very smart manager and I would imagine ollie would benefit from playing in one of his teams

Boyo

Whatever happens,we should be getting an extra wedge of money,so in these current times it’s a win win for city.i hope Brentford go up because I think ollie will move on to bigger things eventually,and when clubs look at players it’s not always the abilit,and ollie has that in bucketloads but their demeanour and level headedness,Bielsa is a very smart manager and I would imagine ollie would benefit from playing in one of his teams
Or Brentford could lose the final and Ollie could get injured. #disaster