• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Although I’d love for St James Park to be showered in £50 notes, from a footballing point of view I’d really like to see Brentford in the Prem.
I know , something in me says exactly the same , and naturally I want Ollie to do well too. It’s just that four million would set us up right now in this weird Covid world. And yes , we could get double later , but who knows about random factors like injuries.

IndoMike

I know something in me says exactly the same and naturally I want Ollie to do well too. It’s just that four million would set us up right now in this weird Covid world. And yes , we could get double later , but who knows about random factors like injuries.
Banksy, if he's transferred to PL it doesn't matter if it's not with Brentford. And if he goes to a bigger club his England chances are improved.

Banksy

True , very true Mike Ollie won’t lose out now barring injuries , just something in me wants him to do well on the day for his sake. But, he’s a Premiership player in waiting now.
Now give us the cash .........

IndoMike

True , very true Mike Ollie won’t lose out now barring injuries , just something in me wants him to do well on the day for his sake. But, he’s a Premiership player in waiting now.
Now give us the cash .........
Must be nerve-racking for the club and for Matt. And nobody wants Ollie to have a bad day or get injured. But for City to bank 4m would make a big difference and secure the club's near future during the pandemic, as you know.
Also, if we have a sell-on with Jay Stansfield, who knows - he might get into the first team, make his debut in the PL , and more £££s to come our way

Banksy

And there’s still Ethan in the wings I guess. Thanks to that and this Covid thing we’ll either be loaded or on our uppers in the coming months.
I only hope that if we get anything we put it to good use. Three losses at Wembley ain’t good for moral or boosting the fan base. We’re becoming the nearly team and that isn’t good.

Grecian Max

Really enough with the nicey nicey stuff, we need the cash, particularly now - it would set us up for years. Who cares about Brentford, another ££ story with a slightly different approach to Bournemouth, its no fairytale.

Was disappointed to see them qualify for the final, I hope Fulham beat them but Brentford are the better side so it's unlikely.

Colesman Ballz

Bringing this back on track from the discussion on dear old Tis who’d almost slipped from my memory of late.
Love the poll at the end where if you do it the result is Leeds fans would take Ollie in a heartbeat over Bamford.
So to get our money soon , Ollie to play a Wembley blinder but Brentford to lose.
Ahem , it ain't necessarily just Leeds fans who are voting. I couldn't resist the temptation to possibly drive up Ollie's price tag ! Anyone care to join me ? :ROFLMAO:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
In my limited experience when relaxed and not under pressure he came across much better than in formal settings where he often appeared nervous and tried too hard to be erudite.

Witness during the Carlisle smoke bomb fiasco he stood on the pitch and chatted to many fans about various matters, helped keep people calm.

But also witness the notorious fan forum when he patronised a supporter who asked a perfectly fair question he didn't want to answer.

Basically a complex guy who can be charming but also prickly.

Sigh...

"He who is without sin..."
Absolutely spot on a complex personality.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although I’d love for St James Park to be showered in £50 notes, from a footballing point of view I’d really like to see Brentford in the Prem.
Me too and also for Ollie to enjoy his day at Wembley and have the success that he richly deserves.

grecIAN Harris

I just hope whatever happens to Ollie it's not what happened to Stockeys doppelganger, Sam Cosgrove. He turns down a £3 million move during the close season and then does his cruciate in training three days before the start of the season.