• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting link in that article to Paul Tisdale, Career Football Manager and Businessman.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Tisdale is completely off his nut. Nothing like over complicating the game.

andrew p long

Tisdale is completely off his nut. Nothing like over complicating the game.
I think Marcus Stewart expressed it well.
‘as a striker you can’t always play well or always score. But you can always, in every game, run around a lot’

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sigh!
Got bored never made it to the end, but thanks Tis for your psycho babble, really enlightening 💤

Rosencrantz

When he said he liked signing intelligent players, you can see why now. No need of an interpreter, saving the club money 😉

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
**** me you lot. All he's saying is he wanted Ollie to realise he wasn't involved in the game enough. We'd be saying the same thing if a player was stood out on the touchline waiting for the ball. There's nothing complicated in what Tisdale says. It makes sense.

dommers

I think Marcus Stewart expressed it well.
‘as a striker you can’t always play well or always score. But you can always, in every game, run around a lot’
Everyone can run around a lot. Bit too much of that in the current team for my liking at the expense of technical ability.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone can run around a lot. Bit too much of that in the current team for my liking at the expense of technical ability.
Well quite. Purposeful running about is what's required. Though MT did only promise us running football when he took over so I guess he's delivered on that score...

Colesman Ballz

Tis is out of a job, and probably this close season is vital for him. His reputation is basically for getting teams out League 2, but no doubt prices himself out of this market for all except the Salfords, Mansfield and FGRs of this world, of whom he no doubt feels are beneath his status. He has been on an orgy of self promotion with interviews, his book etc. Fair play to him for that, and Ollie's current prominence provides him with additional ammunition. It is difficult to evaluate a level for his return to management. Now doubt by portraying himself as Brand Paul Tisdale he would dearly like a Championship job, but given the financial pressures at that level whether any Chairman would be prepared to take a punt on him is a moot point . Associating himself with Ollie is a smart ploy, and I await with interest to see any potential next move.

grecianstew

God some people on here try and find a negative in everything Tisdale related. Seems an interesting and considered piece to me and goes a long way towards explaining how a person who failed to light up NL south or even appear on our first team radar has developed into one of the hottest English prospects in the game. If Tisdale played a big part in that (and i believe he did) why wouldn't he want to bring hat to the attention of potential employers?