• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t forget swansea Started the season well and were top for a while,so I would expect them to be on a roll and it could be swans v Cardiff in the final !
Met Police will be so grateful of the behind closed doors period we are having if that happens 🙂

Long Lost Bee

I seriously wonder whether Brentford will have the momentum to win the playoffs.More importantly , how will it affect our chances of getting a decent pay off? I suppose if they stay down we’ve more chance of getting some early cash?
I agree. TBH Ollie has not looked good at all in the last couple of games which we’ve lost. There may be many reasons for this outside his control but I’ve not seen the desire to track back and help out that was there a few games ago and is still being shown by Benrahma. I’d guess if we don’t go up the club will cash in on his form this season as it must be at maximum potential. Yes, he could do better next season but that’s not guaranteed. So you could be in for maybe 20% of £20-£25 million less what we paid for him.

Rosencrantz

I agree. TBH Ollie has not looked good at all in the last couple of games which we’ve lost. There may be many reasons for this outside his control but I’ve not seen the desire to track back and help out that was there a few games ago and is still being shown by Benrahma. I’d guess if we don’t go up the club will cash in on his form this season as it must be at maximum potential. Yes, he could do better next season but that’s not guaranteed. So you could be in for maybe 20% of £20-£25 million less what we paid for him.
Sorry LLB, but Result!

It's actually a bit sad that we are almost at a divergence of what's good or not. I, and most people on here want success for Ollie and by extension his team. But obviously with that sell on clause we really want the maximum we can get and with the current uncertain financial outlook, as soon as possible.

Obviously the dream outcome for both of us would be promotion, Ollie rocks the PL and then gets sold on for mega money. There in lay the risk for both of us if Ollie struggles a bit, although you would be in the Premiership!

It's the same for Ethan. We all (mostly) want him to be successful. But if he is and stays at Chelsea for the bulk of his career, we have been screwed. Much better for Ethan to do great, Chelsea screw up, Barca or Madrid swoop for mega money. Although I think there is a growing desire on here with some to see an Ake like transfer.

The moral maze of football fandom.

Banksy

Summed up very well Rosencrantz. I was always rooting for Ollie and Brentford , wanted them to go up , but in the back of my mind is always cash for the team I love too. Same with Ethan. I want the best of all worlds but I’m conscious that millions from both sources soonest would secure our future and see us through this crisis. Mattie Grimes I can cheer on and be more relaxed about , we’ve had our cash already !

Grecian Max

Really not bothered about Brentford, was all about our sell on, and in reality we need the cash now. He could break his leg and end his career at any point or be awful in the Prem, this is the top end value we'd get for him IMO. I hope Brentford lose the play offs, they look tired last night, was an amazing run since they came back from the break but they're out of gas.

Personally see him playing for England, I still remember watching him away at Donny and thinking, shit he's a Prem player in L2.

Ashford Grecian

Lovely stuff, hope The Bees slump continues so we get a nice pay day soon

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mattie Grimes I can cheer on and be more relaxed about , we’ve had our cash already !
Don't we still have a sell-on clause? It's pretty feasible that someone like Brighton could come in with a £10m - £15m offer for him if Swansea don't go up

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't we still have a sell-on clause? It's pretty feasible that someone like Brighton could come in with a £10m - £15m offer for him if Swansea don't go up
Matt Grimes went for a straight fee of £1.75m with no clauses inserted. I believe Swansea paid over the odds a little in order to not have a sell on clause.

Rosencrantz

Matt Grimes went for a straight fee of £1.75m with no clauses inserted. I believe Swansea paid over the odds a little in order to not have a sell on clause.
And we needed the straight up cash asap at that time due to "eye off the ball" problems by the board.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for clearing that up. Bit of a shame.