• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that's not going to happen now as the window has closed, Plus no certainty Brentford will go up, Tight division and plenty of points to play for
I meant it's better for us if he leaves in the summer if they go up this season.

Red Bill

On the other hand, if he struggles in the prem and drops out of the Brentford side (its happened to many highly rated young players), the gravy train has tumbled off the tracks for good.
Funny could've sworn I already made that point. Isn't Ollie 24 now, maybe time to stop calling him a young player.

Larry Wilkie

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny could've sworn I already made that point. Isn't Ollie 24 now, maybe time to stop calling him a young player.
Well done. 24 is still young.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hattrick in a 4-3 defeat would be perfect.
That’s what I am hoping for in the play off final.

BerksBee

Well that's not going to happen now as the window has closed, Plus no certainty Brentford will go up, Tight division and plenty of points to play for
I think tonight's game against Leeds showed just how tough a division it is. The division's two best defences against the two best attacks basically cancelled each other out. Neither wanted to lose but neither were good enough to create a clear scoring opportunity. It says it all that the two goals scored came from goalkeeping errors. Watkins never had a sniff, their two CB's kept him quiet.

As you say, still plenty of points to play for, promotion isn't won or lost on one game.

Rather nice win for you lads tonight though! (y)

Red Bill

Well done. 24 is still young.
Why thank you great oracle, it so good to get the facts. What about 25, is that young?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why thank you great oracle, it so good to get the facts. What about 25, is that young?
Less young than 24.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Birmingham City's 16-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham is worth £50M (Sun via https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip)

how much is proven goalscorer Ollie Wakins worth?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Birmingham City's 16-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham is worth £50M (Sun via https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip)

how much is proven goalscorer Ollie Wakins worth?
Probably about half that. Bellingham has been wanted by most of the big sided in Europe for quite a while before he made himself a first team regular at Brum. The football market doesn't obey a linear line.