• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with Martin, if we owned the ground the money men would be round us like flies round a cow's arse. Better of as we are, extend the lease with the council by all means but how would owning the ground be of benefit to us?
Only way it could be of benefit if at some time the Trust and the Cub Board decided they wished to try to relocate to a new out of town stadium.

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to see the council put a covenant on the SJP land to ensure that its only use is for public and professional sports. And also give us a very long lease.

LDNGrecian

Maupay went for £20m and Ollie is English....
Really?

I rate Ollie but I don’t think he will be valued at nearly double Maupay by Premiership teams, even with a good season and a promotion for Brentford.

sidney

I don't agree with Bristol City being in that category. Their record signing is 5.3 mil and have never been in the premier league.

A club on the up, sure. But not a club who would pay the mega bucks for our Ollie.
I included them because the owner, Stephen Lansdown is worth £1.72 billion.

jimmy

I included them because the owner, Stephen Lansdown is worth £1.72 billion.
Yep. Hargreaves Landsdown are a huge company. Doesn't mean they are buying Ollie for 20 mil.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sheffield United are the latest club to be linked with Ollie in the press today with a fee of £15 million. I don't think it would be a wise move as the likelyhood of Sheffield United being in the Premier League next season is minimal.

Exehausted

Sheffield United are the latest club to be linked with Ollie in the press today with a fee of £15 million. I don't think it would be a wise move as the likelyhood of Sheffield United being in the Premier League next season is minimal.
I think Sheffield United will survive. They are very well organised and set up to be very difficult to beat. Before Saturday's game against Leicester they had given Liverpool more trouble than just about anyone else so far this season. Even if they do go down he would be much better off there. They are a much bigger club than Brentford and they will be looking to bounce straight back. They wont get him for 15 million though. Brentford don't sell cheaply as they have shown in the last few seasons. They would demand at least 20 million and a big sell on at the very minimum. Unless there is a release clause weaved cleverly into his new four year deal by his agent of course.............!

Andy_H

Sheffield United would be the logical next club for Ollie as he wouldn't need any new shirts, as all his previous clubs have played in Red & White stripes! ECFC and Brentford then Sheffield Utd.

IndoMike

I think Sheffield United will survive. They are very well organised and set up to be very difficult to beat. Before Saturday's game against Leicester they had given Liverpool more trouble than just about anyone else so far this season. Even if they do go down he would be much better off there. They are a much bigger club than Brentford and they will be looking to bounce straight back. They wont get him for 15 million though. Brentford don't sell cheaply as they have shown in the last few seasons. They would demand at least 20 million and a big sell on at the very minimum. Unless there is a release clause weaved cleverly into his new four year deal by his agent of course.............!
It's a long old season : do Sheff Utd have strength in depth? I still think they are one of the favourites to go down : promoted teams often start well and then begin to slip.
Hope they do stay up, though. They seem a nice enough club with a good manager and they're the only team from Yorkshire.
PS. Wonder why there are usually so many clubs from Lancs in the PL but so few from York's.

Colesman Ballz

It's a long old season : do Sheff Utd have strength in depth? I still think they are one of the favourites to go down : promoted teams often start well and then begin to slip.
Hope they do stay up, though. They seem a nice enough club with a good manager and they're the only team from Yorkshire.
PS. Wonder why there are usually so many clubs from Lancs in the PL but so few from York's.
Does rather put the knockers on that delightful old Yorkshire saying of "Where there's muck, there's brass"