• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you of the forum guidelines:

In the recent past infractions have been dished out for posters referring to other posters as "idiots" - I erred on the side of leniency with a friendly warning. Others might not have taken this view.

I didn't realise that people in the game were beyond criticism or that they were "idiots" for daring to criticise people in the game. If players, managers etc. were barred from receiving criticism on web forums due to their length of service, there would be a lot less web traffic on forums (and, dare I say it, you'd have a lot less than near 10k posts on Exeweb). And where else does this apply? Surely the long-running "General Election" thread on the Social Club should be shut down because posters have been disrespectful of politicians (from all parties) with many years of service?

Oh, and I'm not "sensitive about all things Brentford", your attempt to discredit my response as being because Brentford is my local professional club, rather than the tone of your reply, is frankly laughable. The response would have been the same had the poster responded to been a City supporter, a Garg or a supporter of Inverurie Locos.
Tell you what Jason...give me some infraction points...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

In the recent past infractions have been dished out for posters referring to other posters as "idiots" - I erred on the side of leniency with a friendly warning. Others might not have taken this view.
Good advice, but as you admit this is enforced selectively and inconsistently. Personally, I just put the offenders on ignore.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Good advice, but as you admit this is enforced selectively and inconsistently. Personally, I just put the offenders on ignore.
I think it usually depends on the context and forcefulness of the abuse, but we're not automatons, judgement is usually pretty sound.

hienzeECFC

I called all football fans idiots on another thread...am I entitled to some points? :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I called all football fans idiots on another thread...am I entitled to some points? :)
Broadly speaking that's a statement of fact!

IndoMike

I didn't realise that people in the game were beyond criticism or that they were "idiots" for daring to criticise people in the game. If players, managers etc. were barred from receiving criticism on web forums due to their length of service, there would be a lot less web traffic on forums (and, dare I say it, you'd have a lot less than near 10k posts on Exeweb). And where else does this apply? Surely the long-running "General Election" thread on the Social Club should be shut down because posters have been disrespectful of politicians (from all parties) with many years of service?

Oh, and I'm not "sensitive about all things Brentford", your attempt to discredit my response as being because Brentford is my local professional club, rather than the tone of your reply, is frankly laughable. The response would have been the same had the poster responded to been a City supporter, a Garg or a supporter of Inverurie Locos.
It's called democracy. We're a country that only respects the hierarchy when they deserve it. Politicians also often insult the people : they insult our intelligence.

IndoMike

Broadly speaking that's a statement of fact!
I hereby give you a zillion infraction points for agreeing that all football fans are idiots.

contrabombarde

I haven't posted much recently but was wondering how Ollie Watkins was getting on. Is there a thread about him anywhere please?

IndoMike

I haven't posted much recently but was wondering how Ollie Watkins was getting on. Is there a thread about him anywhere please?
It's evolved............

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any offer being made now looking very unlikely particularly that ludicrous rumour that circulated concerning a supposed £20M bid before prepared by Spurs.