• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

sidney

A friend told me he goes by bus..
He's a Bee - he flies...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh Sidney.
Perleezel
Bee-hive will you.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back on topic, I worry that if Bretford do badly the rest of the season that might knock several £Ms of Ollie's transfer value (and our 20%), or indeed whether he moves upwards at all short to medium term. Good job we are not currently strapped for cash.

Though he's still scoring goals (three in the last six games).

Spoonz Red E

A friend told me he goes by bus..
He does wear tracksuits 'though.

Dubai Grecian

Few days away from January, any updates/inside info/speculation on whether he'll move on? a nice £15m fee and our resulting sell on would be very welcome

A friend of mine is a Bristol City season ticket holder and had I not been at SJP yesterday, I'd have been at Ashton Gate to cheer Ollie on. I asked my friend how Ollie had done, and he described Ollie as 'a cut above anyone else on the pitch' and 'being wasted at Brentford'.

Interestingly, Lee Johnson has said BCFC tried to buy Ollie, only for us to push the price up for them:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-explains-how-close-2364927

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A friend of mine is a Bristol City season ticket holder and had I not been at SJP yesterday, I'd have been at Ashton Gate to cheer Ollie on. I asked my friend how Ollie had done, and he described Ollie as 'a cut above anyone else on the pitch' and 'being wasted at Brentford'.

Interestingly, Lee Johnson has said BCFC tried to buy Ollie, only for us to push the price up for them:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-explains-how-close-2364927
Don't think Brizzle were ever in the race. As I understand the events, we were offered more than Brentford paid in the previous window, by at least two Championship clubs, but Ollie agreed to stay until the summer to try to help us get promoted and in return we smoothed his move to his first choice, Brentford, for a decent but lower fee plus the sell-on.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Few days away from January, any updates/inside info/speculation on whether he'll move on? a nice £15m fee and our resulting sell on would be very welcome
I keep tabs on the Brentford forum. Talk has been for some while that the asking price is £20m and that they turned down over 10m in the summer ( rumoured to be £12m from Southampton ).

Ollie started the season on fire and by late September £20m in January didn’t seem impossible. But then he both got injured and lost form and a bit of confidence. Playing with an injury probably didn’t help. For the first time at Brentford occasionally posters would suggest a line up without him always starting.During this dip we have had posts like ‘I would happily take 15m now’ and ‘ not currently worth £12m’.

Starting to re- gain form a bit now. The highlights on Quest from yesterday show both sides - setting up the equaliser with neat play but after blasting over from 15 yards a chance that you would expect a Premiership forward to score, or at least hit the target.

So currently the focus is instead on top scorer Neil Maupay and no moves imminent for Ollie. But with five weeks and seven games to go until the window closes either a spurt of form, or Premiership sides like Palce, Bournemouth, West Ham selling expensive forwards ( or both) then anything could happen...

IndoMike

I keep tabs on the Brentford forum. Talk has been for some while that the asking price is £20m and that they turned down over 10m in the summer ( rumoured to be £12m from Southampton ).

Ollie started the season on fire and by late September £20m in January didn’t seem impossible. But then he both got injured and lost form and a bit of confidence. Playing with an injury probably didn’t help. For the first time at Brentford occasionally posters would suggest a line up without him always starting.During this dip we have had posts like ‘I would happily take 15m now’ and ‘ not currently worth £12m’.

Starting to re- gain form a bit now. The highlights on Quest from yesterday show both sides - setting up the equaliser with neat play but after blasting over from 15 yards a chance that you would expect a Premiership forward to score, or at least hit the target.

So currently the focus is instead on top scorer Neil Maupay and no moves imminent for Ollie. But with five weeks and seven games to go until the window closes either a spurt of form, or Premiership sides like Palce, Bournemouth, West Ham selling expensive forwards ( or both) then anything could happen...
In the admittedly unlikely event that the Bees get relegated you can forget the 12-15m.

Don't think Brizzle were ever in the race. As I understand the events, we were offered more than Brentford paid in the previous window, by at least two Championship clubs, but Ollie agreed to stay until the summer to try to help us get promoted and in return we smoothed his move to his first choice, Brentford, for a decent but lower fee plus the sell-on.
In this part of the world, its been mentioned a fair few times that BCFC signed Niclas Eliasson for the same money at Brentford got Ollie. Eliasson has only over the past couple of months looked like a first reamer at Ashton Gate, and certainly hasn't performed with the consistency of Ollie. Ollie gets used as a stick to beat the BCFC transfer policy very regularly!

Last edited: