• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can’t see where there next win will come from very strong championship
Guess they got there on merit though and I can’t see them doing a Yeovil somehow. I’ll go around 14th - 18th.Sorry Hants , taking this thread off track.

Trapdoor

Guess they got there on merit though and I can’t see them doing a Yeovil somehow. I’ll go around 14th - 18th.Sorry Hants , taking this thread off track.
No way. Even Wednesday are better than them, despite what this years table might say.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
With a load of very good loanees who have now returned to their parent clubs. 11m budget is nothing in the championship for those chasing the promised land
Getting there is one thing look at the Vegans last year, Champions one year only for a straight return the next clutching the wooden spoon, one can but hope the same for Argiggle

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
No more money to come unless he is transferred for more than £33M.
However, Devon Live today say "an extra £150,000 will be flowing into the City coffers this summer as a result of the sell-on fee from the Ollie Watkins transfer where the Grecians receive 15 per cent of any potential additional payments to Brentford from Aston Villa as part of add-ons agreed when he left St James Park back in 2017 to join the Bees.
There is just a further £25,000 City could bank going forward from the Watkins transfer, which could have been reached had the striker been involved for England in their Euro 2024 qualifiers next month. However despite the rich run of form he has been in for Unai Emery’s men, Gareth Southgate did not pick him in his squad."
Is this wrong as per usual from DL? I thought we only had around 37k remaining to come?

rifraf

However, Devon Live today say "an extra £150,000 will be flowing into the City coffers this summer as a result of the sell-on fee from the Ollie Watkins transfer where the Grecians receive 15 per cent of any potential additional payments to Brentford from Aston Villa as part of add-ons agreed when he left St James Park back in 2017 to join the Bees.
There is just a further £25,000 City could bank going forward from the Watkins transfer, which could have been reached had the striker been involved for England in their Euro 2024 qualifiers next month. However despite the rich run of form he has been in for Unai Emery’s men, Gareth Southgate did not pick him in his squad."
Is this wrong as per usual from DL? I thought we only had around 37k remaining to come?
I too thought I read it was something like £37,500-00 only left - if Villa stayed up......... they made Europe!
+ possibly % on further sale over £33M to (Arsenal / Munich / add your own rumour).

andrew p long

my recollection of the Watkins transfer fee add ons is the same as Saint James and riffraf, and different from what Devon Live have said.Part of the confusion may be that we would be due an extra 150k this summer (as 15% of Brentford's £1m for another year of Villa's staying in the Premier League) had not the cap on the amount payable being reached with a lesser payment (of 250k to Brentford and thus 37.k to us).
The amount received in add ons by Brentford before this summer was £2m for Villa's two staying up seasons, plus 500k for each England competitive sub appearance, 500k for each friendly start and 250k for each sub appearance. I think from his 7 England appearances its 4x 500k plus 3x250k,but can't find the full England appearance record at present

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Several of us did the calculations and came up with £37.5K remaining to reach the maximum £5M (15% to us). It's £1M for each season AV stay up plus different amounts for caps - £1M for competitive start, £0.5M for competitive sub or friendly start, £0.25M for friendly sub, of which we get 15%.

Birmingham Post agrees. Why two minutes of England vs Hungary cost Aston Villa a whopping £500,000 - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

But I'm not 100% certain about this, we have never had it conformed officially AFAIK.

denzel

Callum Wilson didn't play great when he came on for England tonight, but converted a dodgy penalty so will probably stay above Ollie in the pecking order.
I guess at least Ollie will benefit from a rest in the close season.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Callum Wilson didn't play great when he came on for England tonight, but converted a dodgy penalty so will probably stay above Ollie in the pecking order.
My thoughts too on both counts but Southgate has a squad and indeed pool of very good players to choose from.

To my mind Ollie is going to have to put in a number of high quality performances to persuade GS to think seriously about including him in one his future squads.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What could Wilson had done differently? He came on when the game was over, he only had about 20 mins and we had made so many subs it became disjointed...

He won a penalty and scored it, regardless of whether it was the correct decision. Wilson scored 18 premier League goals this season which is more than Watkins, the bias towards Watkins is a bit silly.